Surviving the Luncheon: How To Hostess

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Surviving the Luncheon: How To Hostess

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 10:17 am

Hi All!

Wanted to share this with you:

I had planned a "ladies luncheon", scheduled for yesterday, for a group of wives from my hubby's office a few weeks ago (pre-Medifast).

I served little mini-quiches as appertizers. I only baked enough for each guest to have 2 or 3 (no left overs for me!) I put them out on a platter and then went back to the kitchen so they weren't nearby to tempt me. I also read the nurtitional info and found that one quiche was 64 calories. Thats 2/3 of a shake. I was not willing to trade 2/3 of a whole, filling, shake for one, little piece of non-filling finger food.

I planned a "build-your-own-salad" bar - baked some chicken breasts, sliced and chilled. Put out bowls of grape tomatoes, croutons, cheese, hard boiled eggs, bacon bits and dressing and a huge bowl of mixed lettuces. I put the bread on the table, at the opposite end of my chair.

This way, I could get a green salad with a little chicken and everyone else could get what ever and how ever much they wanted. Turned out 3 of the 4 of us were all doing some sort of low-carb thing and NO ONE wanted the bread anyway, so I whisked it off the table and immediately put it away (out of site, out of mind). My friends were glad the pressure was off of them then too.

I served pineapple chunks, strawberries and bananas with a cream cheese dip for dessert. While they munched, I made busy with the coffee. I put a strawberry and a pineapple chunk on my plate but after reading a post here that said even one piece of fruit can throw us out of ketosis, I just left them on my plate.

I think the most important thing I did which allowed me to have a successful luncheon was checking the boards and having a shake immediately before the guests arrived. Everything I served was cold, so I made it in advance and allowed myself to relax before they got here.

The interesting thing is, that the gals all stayed for more than 4 hours, we just sat and chatted. I always thought food was what made a great party (a lesson from childhood I suppose), but I lit some candles, put music on in the background and we all had a great time. It is the comraderie, not the food, that makes a party.
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 18th, 2004, 11:07 am

Great planning Sneezy....:)
It IS the friendship that matters. And you'll be around alot longer to enjoy it.....
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

way to go!

Postby shawna » January 18th, 2004, 8:47 pm

Hey, sister - way to plan and execute a successful luncheon - and stay on your plan at the same time. I never think we give ourselves enough credit for making it through these times when we are bombarded with food - if we want it - and we choose to be obedient instead. We are building awesome habits...and it will be SO worth it in the end.

nice job,
Shawna
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
shawna
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss