stress

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

stress

Postby sheila » March 16th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Hi everyone. Im Sheila. Ive been on MF for a little over a month now. I had been doing so well, and then yesterday something happened that really upset me. I thought my husband was going to start the program with me, but instead, he is chosing to lose the weight his own way, which I am not too thrilled with, because it could hurt him. Not only that, but he went about sterting"his way" without even telling me, so he is keeping secrets from me, and after being married for almost 16 years, I thought we were way past that. But anyway, after I found out, I was so upset and MAD :x , can anyone guess what the 1st thing that went thru mu mind was?(OK, other than hitting him HARD)... FOOD! I was so mad that I just thought if I went to McDonalds and got that egg mcmuffin I have been craving for a month, that I would feel better. So, at 4 am, after our argument, I went and sat in my car, with every intent to go to McDonalds! But I didnt, I went to the gym, and got quite the work out in I might add. Adrenaline can really be an awesome thing. So, what kept me from breaking? I sat in my car thinking of how much I had accomplished in the last month, 26 lbs in 1 month, not bad. i thought about all those times I was tempted by the food that my teenage kids were eating right in front of me, and I had the strenghth not to give in then. I thought about how great I feel when I get on the scale and the numbers were moving down. I kept thinking about how great it will be when I can put on a pair of jeans that will be in the single digit size. I realized that I cannot let my husband's choices or anyone else's choices or problems be a factor as to what goes into my mouth. It just wouldnt be worth it. I have not strayed even one time from this program, and I am so glad I didnt yesterday. I have always been an "emotional eater". Especially when I am upset or stressed.But I overcame it and if anyone else out there is experiencing something similar, just know that you have the strength inside to overcome whatever obstacles are thrown your way. This whole experience made me think about the prayer of serenity.....like it says, the wisdom to know the difference of what we can change and what we cant. We can only change ourselves, nobody else.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » March 16th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Be proud of yourself for not faltering and sticking with the program. That is so great to hear, I hope I do the same and resist any temptations.

How is your husband trying to lose weight, you didn't say? It must not be so great since you got so upset over it...
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sheila » March 16th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Icant go in to those details, lets just say it is not anything respectible. Ya, I was really amazed how I handled it, it was close though.
sheila
sheila

Postby falisamarie » March 16th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Sheila you are very very wise. I have said many times that the one thing in my life that is totally in my control is what I chose to put in my mouth. I would not worry too much about dh just stick to the program and as he sees you doing it the right way he will learn and I believe you will make a Medifaster out of him yet!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Wow!

Postby dede4wd » March 16th, 2006, 7:14 pm

You did so well! I know stress is a total trigger for me too! I'm so proud of you!!! NOT ONLY did you NOT go to McDonalds...you went to the gym! HOW GREAT IS THAT!

While I'm sorry that your husband will not be accompanying you on this journey, I am confident that you will do well. I mean look how much you've already accomplished! I am SO proud of you and hoping your husband is responsible with what he's eating around/in front of you!

Take care, you are my hero for what you did (and didn't do) today!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mom23 » March 16th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Sheila,
Good for you -- you fought that urge. I often find myself angry & upset and 'feeding' my emotions and I actually think that I'm punishing the person I'm upset with (but I'm the one who's stuffing her face!) -- big time denial. :dooh:

It's also great how you can apply the serenity prayer to your challenge and I will try to remember it when I'm feeling frustrated, angry, etc: "Please God, give me the wisdom to know the difference of what I can change and what I can't. I can only change myself and no one else."

Keep up the good work -- you're another one of the ladies here that are so inspirational to this newbie! :bow:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

feeling better

Postby sheila » March 17th, 2006, 1:09 am

Hi all. Thank you so much for your replies. I feel so much better now. It helps to vent sometimes. A local hospital here in Hawaii has a Medifast support group that meets every third thursday of the month. So I went tonight, it was good. They had alot of interesting ideas and suggestions. Mom23, where do you live in North Carolina? My husband is in the military and we may be moving back there soon. DeDe, thanks a bunch, but I really dont think Im a hero. I am glad I was just able to resist that urge to cheat. Because as mad as I was at him, I wouldnt be "cheating on him, I would be cheating on me.You all hang in there, we can all do this together.
sheila
sheila

Return to The Weight Room