Strawberry and Orange shakes

Add your favorite recipes.

Strawberry and Orange shakes

Postby iammissruth » November 6th, 2007, 9:36 am

Quick question for the veterans. I currently have the banana shakes and they taste like banana laffy taffy (my favorite), and I was curious if the orange and strawberry shakes carried the same flavor class. Meaning tastes just like candy.

Another question I have is... What do I add to the Chai Latte and Cappacinco's to make them more appealling to my beginner taste buds? Oh and the Swiss Mocha...

Thanks in Advance
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Mike » November 6th, 2007, 9:44 am

Some people really don't care for the strawberry, but mixed with lemonade or sf strawberry something they aren't bad. :toast:
For some the orange reminds them of baby aspirin. I like them mixed with SF Tropicana Orangeade. :buddies:

If you belnd the chai with ice it makes a nice frapp. :beerbeer: As for the capp, its too sweet for me, but Di has one in the AM and before bed, so I'm no help there.

The swiss mocha... well, I'll let someone who can get it down cover that one. :eck:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 6th, 2007, 10:53 am

The Capp seemed to have a bad smell to it everytime I went to take a drink, and that kinda ruined it for me.

The orange and strawberry shakes sound pretty good if you can find the right blend and make sherbet out of them. (Another favorite of mine, so I am hopeful of them.)

Is the swiss mocha that bad?
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » November 6th, 2007, 12:03 pm

I add a half of a package of Crystal Light OTG lemon-aid to the orange and strawberry to get the sherbert thing going. Sure made the Strawberry easier to swallow. I think it the orange flavor (wihtout the lemonaid) is similar to the orange shakes that McD's has sometimes, which I don't like.

I don't like the Capp hot, but I LOVE it cold with some McCormicks French Vanilla Extract (found it at Wally World). If you enjoy the Starbucks Frappachinos that they sell in the bottles you should really enjoy this too.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby iammissruth » November 6th, 2007, 12:15 pm

RM, do you blend your Capp or leave it liquified? I was thinking that SF vanilla or caramel syrup would really help it.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby lifelovinaries » November 10th, 2007, 7:30 pm

you're right, the capp does have a funny smell. the hardest part for me is getting past the foamy stuff. it's not of a normal "foam" texture. i usually drink it cold and just gulp it down but this morning i had a hot one and it wasn't that bad, except for the foam. try adding some sf coffee syrup (davinci) to cover up the funky smell. i actually have never tried the swiss mocha, strawberry is just ok, it's do-able. I really like the orange (tastes like a creamsicle to me) although it is a little sweet so i usually add more water.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine