Still here

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Still here

Postby pinkgeek » June 3rd, 2004, 9:30 am

Hallo everyone!

I'm alive and well and finally got the opportunity after a long while and a long string of problems to read here and there and see what everyone is up to. Welcome to all of you new ones! I hope you all stick with the program and fulfill your goals. It seems like Medifast is a good place to start. I was 100% faithful to the program since my start date...that was through my resignation from my old job, problems with my boss, problems problems problems, and a short vacation to Denver. Since then, I have only been losing about 2 lbs a week and getting very depressed. I see that Jeanette has moved up to a 75 lb loss..CONGRATULATIONS! and big hugs to miss "I have lost 70lbs!" (you know who you are! :) I finally was feeling pretty physically poorly and decided to go off MF for about 3 days last week (really over Memorial Day weekend). My foods consisted of salads, turkey, fish, and chicken. So I don't think I made bad decisions even though I decided not to continue with MF for those 3 days. I felt a lot stronger and more energetic during the times when I ate. I gained 1.5 lbs in 3 days but I felt better. I managed to get down to 159.5 before my decision and I went up to 161 by Tuesday morning. I'm now back down to 160 as of this morning. I am doing the full plan again (5 shakes a day). I am really confused as to what I should be doing to get back in weight loss mode. I don't have much muscle left it seems. I don't have that crazy amt of energy that some others talked about having. I was exercising here and there (1 mile walks or so, nothing heavy) and that seemed to stop the weight loss. Maybe my body is hitting a plateau, not sure. I want to stay with MF, but I am kinda feeling Landylue's pain. I am not one of the ppl that has done a Modified program and still losing 4-5 lbs per week. It's all shakes for a 3 (or lately 2lb or 1.5lb loss) per week. I want to get some muscle, keep losing and lose a lil quicker since I'm not eating extra stuff while on the plan. This past weekend was the first time I decided to eat in all the time I have been on the plan (not months and months or anything, but sometimes it seems like forever). Like I said, I made good choices during my break and I got off the plan to gain some much needed energy and strength. I'm just not really sure what to do here. I wrote to Nancy and Terry and they suggested adding a shake, but what about the ppl that lose and don't worry about adding a shake? My body is barely budging with what it has, let alone, extra calories to worry about. Sorry this is so wordy, I'm just spouting off over a month's worth of worries, fear, and frustration. I just wanted you all to know that I'm still hanging on and still trying for my goal, but that I miss coming here and miss all of you and obviously haven't gotten to "know" any of the new ppl. Anyways, *deep breath* thanks for listening :)
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » June 3rd, 2004, 5:59 pm

Hi, Angela. Seems you and I are at the same place right now. Nancy also told me to add a shake and/or cut back on the exercise.

Now, I remember in First Place and Weight Watchers both, that they said when your body takes in too few calories, that it goes into a mode where it 'holds on' to what it has--starvation mode. I actually saw a lady who got really discouraged in First Place finally do as the instructor had told her to do and ADDED food to her diet feeling almost spiteful about it just to prove to the stupid skinny instructor that that trick wouldn't work for her at all--that it just didn't make any sense. Dang me if she didn't start dropping weight again! So, let's try it for a week or two and prove a point to either Nancy or ourselves--hopefully ourselves.

We're NOT in a hopeless situation here. Failure is not an option. We just might have to back up and take a look at our other options (add a shake/chicken breast/cut back a bit on the exercise). But, I'm betting we are going to see a drop of more than 1.5 or 2 lbs by next Roll Call. God, I PRAY that we see a drop of more than that amount next Sunday. Anyway, let's do as Nancy advised, and give it a go! What in the world is it going to hurt, and we might just be as surprised as that lady in First Place. Adding more supplement/food to speed up the weight loss is NOT altogether a bad thing! And as I told Nancy, no one EVER had to tell me twice to cut back on exercise.

You and I are going to pull through this, Angela. Neither of us is quitting, we might need to reinvent how we plough on to the end, but we are NOT quitting! Are you with me?

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby pinkgeek » June 4th, 2004, 4:19 am

*hugs* Landylue :) Thank you for the encouragement. Of course, I agree with you. I should quit being stubborn and add something to the diet. The interesting thing is, on those three days when I was eating healthful foods and taking a break from the shakes, I did gain 1.5 lbs, but I lost an inch from my waist...crazy huh? That sorta proves my point about me having lost some muscle or something. I will try some fish or chicken in addition to my shakes, starting maybe tomorrow or maybe tonight...I'll see how it goes. I, too, have a few weeks of shakes to get through before I make a final decision. I just can't believe how stalled I am and how not so great I was feeling before I took my lil break. As for the exercise, I think walking a mile or doing 20 minutes of aerobics is not a huge deal, but when you are getting less than 500 cal per day, I guess it could seem like a lot to your body. I'm totally with you..I want to give the suggestions the benefit of the doubt b/c I really am at my last resort. I need to lose at least another 2.5 lbs just to get my bmi to the overweight category...it's all so depressing sometimes. Anyways, thank you again and we will hang in there together. I'll let you know how it goes :)
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room