Still Around...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Still Around...

Postby Jeanette » May 10th, 2004, 2:25 pm

Hi everyone...I'm still here, just not had time to read.

My weight loss is S-L-O-W-I-N-G down. I'm almost half way to goal.(still...GRR). I am going to have to do something to kick start my progress again.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Landylue » May 10th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Hi, Jeanette! I was just thinking about you today. I was looking at everyone's photos out in the Studio portion and was admiring the transformation that you've gone through. If you are at the half-way point, I can only imagine how you're going to look in a few more months.

You say the weight loss is slowing down. I know that you work out at Curves, do you think it's just that you are building muscle? Or, is there another problem?

I've got to tell you, just knowing you are still around, Jeanette, keeps me grounded as well. I don't know if people like Nancy and Mike who absolutely sailed through the weight loss portion of this program, can fully understand how completely frustrating it can be when you only lose a couple of pounds or less a week. Keeping motivated and postive takes real work, but it's just something you HAVE to do. This forum makes it so much easier, though, and has truly made all the difference in the world to me.

Don't stop now. Most of us would give our eye-teeth to be half-way to goal.

Make us proud!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » May 11th, 2004, 6:23 am

Jeanette and Landy,

Lemme just add my voice to the mix. It is hard to be an 'underachiever'. No matter what I do, I seem to be on the slow side, and after I do lose a couple I have days when the scale goes back up a bit. I planned out my timeline according to how Nancy did, and I'm not hitting those goals. It does get very depressing and hard to persevere. There are days when I just want to surrender to the buffet line and eat my troubles away. The problem is they don't go away. It's a very temporary fix, and it hurts in the long run.

Added to trying to change eating habits, we are also attempting to change how we deal with life. FOOD was how I dealt with life before. Now I have to learn non-food ways of dealing with things. All this takes a toll, and creates stress and we have to remember in the face of fighting it that we are changing a bad behavior for a good one. For our sakes. To care of ourselves. To respect our bodies.

And we must remember that we are doing this for a finite amount of time. I have realized that I have a pattern of food cravings every two weeks or so. The reality is that once I'm at goal weight I can indulge in something yummy every so often and it won't hurt me. The problem is getting there.

It isn't easy, but we should feel very good about how far we have come and we must persist. You have to make the trip to get to the destination. Unfortunately we don't seem to have non-stop flights, LOL but it doesn't mean we won't get there.

Keep the faith,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Maggie » May 11th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Hi Jeanette........It is so good to know that you are still hanging in there. It gets tough, doesn't it? I related so much to your phrase last week that you had been "wondering in the wilderness". It is a very good way to describe this limbo that I am in, also. My weight loss has slowed down too, but it is my own fault. I have lost my way and can't seem to find "true North". I start each day determined to follow my plan. but somewhere along the way, I get distracted. There are meetings or ballgames or school functions that just don't meld with a plan which requires so much water. That is my first downfall, Then the fact that I am short on time and don't plan ahead. I end up either drinking my shakes 2 or 3 hours late or decide to substitute instead. I have every confidence that I will find my way again and that you will, too. You have been a roll model for me and even in our weeks without a loss, the fact that you are still committed gives me the confidence that I can weather the storm, too. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » May 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm

Hey, Folks...it WAS not totally easy for me while I was in the losing phase and it is NOT totally easy now that I am at goal. LIFE is not easy for people with food difficulties! I have had my moments of s-l-o-w weight loss, days of plateaus when I was totally compliant, a few blessed days when I actually LOST weight and had not eaten the right things at the right times! Go figure!

The book, Life is Hard, Food is Easy is a great resource. By Linda Spangle, of course!

Day by day, hour by hour, moment by moment...keep on keepin' on. Encourage one another. Jeanette, you are coming out west for a visit - I wanna see you! We will all get there, don't give up. :twisted: When ya have a :twisted: bad day, let it be just that: ONE day. A new day dawns, begin again. We can do anything for a season. Well, maybe for a day anyway!

My latest Newsletter is on its way...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby RavenKat » May 12th, 2004, 4:44 am

I was looking back at the very first posts on this forum and was excited to see the first posts of Mike, Jeanette and Maggie (among others). It was amazing to see the introduction email but with the "60/70/100# club" in the left corner. What an inspiration! You all might be slowing down momentarily but you have kicked butt!!! Maybe you should go back and read your own initial postings. Sometimes seeing how far you've come will give you the boost you need.

I started trying to lose weight on November 17, 2003 and lost 18 pounds in 4 months. You ladies have lost 60 - 70 pounds in the same time frame! Luckily I found Medifast or I'd still be slowing gaining those 18 pounds back instead of losing 15 in three weeks!

as they said in the 70's: keep on truckin'

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.