Stihl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Stihl » April 12th, 2009, 11:46 am

Haha, thats funny nickie. For some reason I keep feeling the clavicles - I'm just worried people are going to think I'm choking myself!

So, another week of compliance and I'm 3.2 pounds lighter, down to 245.2. That means I hit the 45 pound mark, which is awesome. When I hit 50, I'm going to be incredibly happy. 5 pounds - probably a week and a half.

Yesterday was pretty hard to stay compliant. My dorm and I used some of our dorm funds to throw this big BBQ - steaks, burgers, hot dogs, various beverages, and then we also got gummy bears, assorted candy bars, rolls, cookies (that we ended up warming on the grill) etc. I just had a steak and some spinach, and it wasn't particularly difficult to not have the other stuff, which I guess is a good thing.
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby Stihl » April 19th, 2009, 10:24 am

Haha, I don't know if I quite have them yet, but I can feel them.

Also, when I make a fist, my knuckles are a bit more defined. And I can start to see veins running on my hand.

Anyway, another week of compliance and I'm 3.8 pounds lighter, down to 241.4 from 245.2

The 50 pound mark would be at 241, so I'm just assuming that I hit that tomorrow.

I haven't been this light in a couple of years, so its pretty great.

The weird thing is that a few weeks ago when I looked in the mirror I could definitely see a difference from when I started, but when I look now I can't really. I know that there is, and that it is noticeable, I just can't notice it.
Stihl

Postby MyComplete180 » April 19th, 2009, 4:36 pm

There is nothing like clavicles

Hear the Ruby Slippers????? :-P
MyComplete180
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Stihl » April 25th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Haha, I don't know about ruby slippers but when I'm done with all of this I'm definitely going to have to get a nice new wardrobe - hopefully by then my stocks will be up.

Anyway, normally I only post on Sundays but I'm pretty pumped - I passed the 50 pound mark and got to see the 230s!

As of right now I weigh 238.8. I haven't seen that "23X" in such a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. I think the last time I was in the 230's was more than 4 years ago.

When I hit 22X I'm going to be going crazy. And then when I get into 19X - haha, you see the point. It's just great to see new numbers on the scale when you've been seeing the same 24X for such a long time.

On April 2nd I weighed 249.8. Looking back, I'm a little upset that it's taken me almost a month to lose 11 pounds. I know its not bad, and its a helluva a lot better than any program or diet I've been on before, but still, I wish it would just go a little bit faster - I'm eager for the finish line.

I understand, though, why this month might be slower - I've been weight lifting 6 days a week so have been adding a good amount of muscle mass. I can feel it and tell where I'm growing muscle, as well as increasing the weight I'm able to do in my exercises (I can't seem to stop feeling my biceps; they're getting definition :shock: )

Its pretty weird - every time the weight loss/exercise lets me see/feel a new part of my body, I can't stop touching it. First it was the clavicles, and now its the biceps. I hope people don't think I'm an insane weirdo.

Also, I think I'm beginning to see the difference a bit more than I was before - I can fit into a normal XL (note the SINGLE x) pretty comfortably (maybe just slightly tight across the chest). I haven't bought a new pair yet, but I'm pretty certain I can fit into 36 jeans now (my 38s are getting a bit loose).

Also, this summer I'm going to be back at home helping around the house. I'm pretty excited because a lot of my relatives are going to be coming this summer - my aunt, my other aunt, my grandparents, etc. I hope they'll be pleasantly surprised.

The one thing I know I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad at is taking compliments. Especially when people compliment me on something I feel shouldn't have needed fixing (i.e. my weight). It'll be weird this summer when all of my relatives ask me how I did it or whatever else they'll be talking about. Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to impressing; I'm just not good at talking about it.

Then again, I'm probably putting the cart before the horse. I'll just keep on MF, keep on exercising, keep on what I'm doing, and everything should turn out alright.

Also, I decided a little while back to adjust one of my goals. Originally I wanted to be at 225 by the time school ends (around May 15). My weight loss plateaued a bit for a week+, so I've changed that goal to 230. That means I have 8.8 pounds to lose in about 20 days. If I keep on the pace I'm going (11 pounds/24 days), I should be able to make it there and maybe, just maybe, see the 22X
Stihl

Postby MyComplete180 » April 25th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Rocky?????

Adrianne?????

Rocky?????

Adrianne????

You can do it Rocky, only 8 you can do it...get up FIGHT....

Hear the music???? Feel like you can kick butt? Good NOW shake!

HEHEHEHE

Better appreciate the visual or we will discuss Rocky's love of eggs...
MyComplete180

Postby MyComplete180 » April 25th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Stihl wrote:Anyway, normally I only post on Sundays but I'm pretty pumped - I passed the 50 pound mark and got to see the 230s!

:whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo:

A whoohoo for each 10 lbs awesome!!!!
MyComplete180

Postby nickieluv » April 25th, 2009, 4:59 pm

It is always great to hear a poster sound so excited about their results. I am very happy for you making it to the 50 pounds lost mark - I do hope that you might get to see 225 after all. But, if you're lifting, 230 could look better than 215 on somebody more flabby. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Stihl » April 28th, 2009, 11:59 am

Hey gang. So good news is that I'm down another 1.6 to 237.2! Woot!

These last few days I haven't worked out (end of the semester, incredible amounts of work. I just finished a 10 page War Powers paper last night and had to do a 5 page research paper the night before, so I was crunched for time)

I will lift today though, and that'll be solid.

These last few days without working out I feel I've lost more weight than I was losing before when I wasn't working out - probably the more muscle on me means the body burns fat better, and my metabolic rate is probably up as well - all GREAT NEWS!

Furthermore, I totally accidentally tried on my room mate's jeans this morning. I had a 930 class, was rushing and saw a pair of dark blue jeans on the floor (thought they were mine). When i pulled them on I noticed they were a bit tight, and then I saw my pair of jeans on a different part of the floor (I can still see part of my carpet though...).

Anyway, the really good news is I was able to button and zip up my room mate's jeans. They were quite snug, and quite tight, and admittedly they had probably just been worn the other day so were larger than they would have been fresh out the dryer. But when i took the jeans off to put on my pair, I notice that they were 34s...

Seriously :shock:

Pretty badass. I've now lost 54 pounds and am hopefully gonna keep on this trajectory
Stihl

Postby MyComplete180 » April 28th, 2009, 2:02 pm

I love lost jean stories!!!!!!! Nice NSV!
MyComplete180

Postby Stihl » May 2nd, 2009, 11:03 am

I am kicking serious ass this week weight loss wise.

Last Sunday I weighed 238.8 but currently I weigh 234.4.

So I lost 4.4 pounds this week and I still have one day left!

I'm kind of anxious for tomorrow's weigh in - ive lost over 1 pounds each of the last two days and don't know if that's going to be sustainable.

Either way, I've now lost 56.6 pounds and am creeping up to that 60 pound mark. I should hit it sometime late in the week next week.

There are two weeks left in the college semester and the work is beginning to pile up like crazy. I ordered some of the medifast momentum flavor infusers - those will be my coffee the next two weeks.
Stihl

Postby MyComplete180 » May 2nd, 2009, 11:45 am

It was the Rocky theme music wasn't it :D
MyComplete180

Postby Stihl » May 3rd, 2009, 1:11 pm

Haha, could be. Would anyone be greatly offended if I told you that I've never actually seen any of the Rocky movies? I don't know why I never did, I just didn't.

Anyway, I only lost another .2 pounds from yesterday, but that's to be expected since the two days prior i lost 2.6 combined.

So I'm down to 234.2 from 238.8, a 4.6 loss this week and a 57 loss total. Just gonna keep on going with what I'm doing...
Stihl

Postby Stihl » May 13th, 2009, 10:30 am

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile - Finals week!

Anyway, I am just super excited. Last week wasn't particularly good weight loss wise - I was on plan the entire time, but probably due to my 4.6 loss the week before i slowed up and only lost about a pound last week.

However, these last few days my body seems to have picked it up. Right now I'm sitting at 230.2!

That puts me at a 60.8 # loss so far. 60# club, I have arrived! (Though I hope to not be staying too long...)

Anyway, tomorrow or maybe the day after I should be hitting the magic 22X - getting to see that new number will be pretty awesome

Im actually about 1/2 of the way to goal. Just keep on chugging along I suppose

Hope everyone else is doing alright
Stihl

Postby nickieluv » May 13th, 2009, 11:27 am

That's really awesome. Keep on chugging is right - chugging the shakes, the water - it is always so refreshing to see someone have great success just by keeping it simple and sticking to plan. It really is a lesson I need drilled into me time and time again.... MF works as formulated, not as I want it to be (i.e. eating junk and having it still work - no luck there!).
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Stihl » May 23rd, 2009, 10:04 am

Hey gang - so, the update

I have hit the 22x range, which is great. The bad thing is I seem to be having yet another plateau (they seem to be getting more frequent... ugh) and I can't seem to get past the 228-229 range

I'm back home now, just got a gym membership. I feel like I'm gaining a ton of muscle weight - my exercises have been going up and I can feel the extra muscle on my body, which may be one of the reasons for my current plateau.

Aside from that, the clavicles are more defined!

Also, I can finally see veins on my right hand (the left a little bit, but not so pronounced)

Let me tell you, as someone who hasn't seen veins on their hands their whole life, this is pretty great.

Anyway, just keepin on going on... good luck to the rest of you
Stihl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal