We're sticking to it

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

We're sticking to it

Postby Seemelose » October 2nd, 2007, 11:22 am

Hi all you stickers,

This is a thread where we can check in and see how we are all doing.I started on the sticker tracker one week ago and I tell you I did not want to lose a sticker. Consequently I had a 100% on plan week. And a whole row of sparkling smiley faces looking up at me from my calendar. It's amazing how this seems to work. I hope that all of you :lol: are experiencing the same results. Lets check in as often as possible to share ideas and support one another. If you are reading this and you are not part of the sticker group yet. Go out and buy yourself a package of stickers ( We are using sparkling smiley faces) Everyday that you stay on your plan you get to put a sticker on the calendar. It's fun. Please feel free to join us.

Seemelose :D
aka Sharon
Seemelose
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Jan » October 2nd, 2007, 11:55 am

Hi there Sharon,
I've got my smiley faces too.... They are soo much fun and after you have 2 or 3 in a row you really don't want to skip a day. It works!!!
Plus they are smiling because you are parting with the pounds ..and getting healthier... they know this :D :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Seemelose » October 2nd, 2007, 12:00 pm

Hi Jan,

I'm glad you are going to join us in our "Sticking" to it club. You were the inspiration for it. This should be a fun way to track our success. And help us STICK to the plan

Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Seemelose » October 2nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

Hi Jan,

I'm glad you are going to join us in our "Sticking" to it club. You were the inspiration for it. This should be a fun way to track our success. And help us STICK to the plan

Sharon
Seemelose

Postby bikipatra » October 2nd, 2007, 12:07 pm

I'v have been using stickers since August the 3rd. I get stickers that say "Wonderful", "You Rock!" or "A+" and things like that for weight loss and Strawberry Shortcake for compliance. I need two because I have lost weight even if I had a bite or two I shouldn't have. I have Care Bear stickers for days where I wasn't compliant and didn't lose any weight. So I love my colorful calendar!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Seemelose » October 2nd, 2007, 3:12 pm

Hi Bikipatra,

I was really surprised to find how important that sticker can become. Please join in with the rest of us sticker people and check in from time to time

Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Mike » October 2nd, 2007, 9:57 pm

....Wondering what the heck you ladies are talking about? :dunno: :idontknow: :scratch:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 3rd, 2007, 1:59 am

Mike wrote:....Wondering what the heck you ladies are talking about? :dunno: :idontknow: :scratch:

We put stickers on our wall calendars to celebrate each day on the program. Kind of like when you were in elementary school and got a gold star. As a teacher I thought you would get it, even though it is usually much younger kids.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bikipatra » October 3rd, 2007, 2:01 am

Seemelose wrote:Hi Bikipatra,

I was really surprised to find how important that sticker can become. Please join in with the rest of us sticker people and check in from time to time

Sharon

I will. I have been using stickers for almost two months and I LOVE it!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » October 3rd, 2007, 2:59 am

ooooh i soooo wanna do this hehe... i could use my assortment of stickers from scrapbooking...nah ill treat myself to some fancy smileys. I LOVE THIS ! hehe

this reminds me how important those 10# clubs became to me and my cousin. lol
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Seemelose » October 3rd, 2007, 11:36 am

Hello Everyone,

Today is day 10. At the end of the first week I put a larger sticker indicating that I was on plan all week.

Welcome Lilelmo. Let us know how you are doing.

Mike, I know it sounds silly ,but it works. Try it you may like it.

I lost 7 lbs last week. That's a pound per sticker. Whoo hoo. It has been a while since I was this focused.

Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Jan » October 3rd, 2007, 2:24 pm

I've been having clients do this for about two years now :D :D ... It WORKS.. :mrgreen: even we as adults need some instant gratification and that's where the sticker comes into play .. It's not instant exactly .. but good enough. We get to "reward" ourselves each day. And then as all those little faces look at us from the calendar we don't want to miss a day :cry: .. so it keeps us compliant. :D I still my old calendar from when I was first on program. All those little smiley faces looking at me .. and now I want about 10 more pounds gone... so my smiley faces are back!! :D :D
Goooood for you Sharon .. 7 pounds Whooo Hoooo.... I may not even see you at Sundance .. you'll be so thinny I'll just see right around you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mike » October 3rd, 2007, 3:44 pm

bikipatra wrote:We put stickers on our wall calendars to celebrate each day on the program. Kind of like when you were in elementary school and got a gold star. As a teacher I thought you would get it, even though it is usually much younger kids.

Okay, I was thinking maybe it was some internet thing you get sent to you or something. I'm just a bit slow sometimes :roll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » October 3rd, 2007, 3:44 pm

I got some shiny high five stickers from a co-worker cuz he had them lying around and said i could have them lol. so i put a high five on tuesday.

Monday i was complaint, i had an extra shake, and extra greens though. so i am not giving myself a sticker, but thats fine. Im waiting til tomorrow to put a new sticker up because i still go home after work. i only plan on having my snack once i get home and thats it.

i want to make a little minigoal for staying complaint. i wonder how many days i should set that for. 1 week , 2, 1 month
hmmm
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Seemelose » October 4th, 2007, 9:13 am

Hi all,

Way to go Lilemo . I would start with a goal of one week. Once you have that down it will be easy to just keep extending it.

Day eleven for me. I'm pretty excited about how well this working.

:yay:

Sharon
Seemelose

Return to What's Shakin'