starving...need help :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

starving...need help :(

Postby pinkgeek » March 27th, 2004, 8:39 am

Hi guys!

Just change my nick from pinkgeek to hungry. I wake up hungry, I go to bed hungry. Other than the headache, the first three days were better as far as hunger goes. I don't know if I'm in ketosis or if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having a really hard time. Its not that I'm having cravings but am satisfied, I really feel like there is a hole in my tummy. I usually don't have a shake first thing in the morning. My usual routine goes something like this:

6:30 - Get up, shower, dress, get ready for work
7:45 or so - Shake
11:00 or so - Shake
1ish - 1 or 2 pickles
2 or so - Medifast soup, plain
3:30 - 1c bouillon
5 or so - a bar or oatmeal
7ish - 1c bouillon
8:30 or 9 - Shake

By the time I go to bed at 10:30 or 11, I'm starving. I go to sleep, wake up to pee a couple of times, feel depressed that I'm hungry and sleep until the next day when it starts again. This is my first weekend being on the plan that doesn't involve the first 3 days, so this is different. I woke up at 6:00, finally got up at 6:30, ate an oatmeal at 7, ate a pickle at 9 and am trying to hold out another 25 or so minutes for my next shake. I hear Mike and some others say they just aren't/weren't hungry. I was excited at first b/c I was forcing the shakes down. Now I'm starving :( Isn't the hunger supposed to decrease, not increase? The more I go along, the more hunger I have and I'm not pms'ing and flo is not visiting. So I don't know what's up. Also, I drink around 1 gallon of water a day...not joking. Please help me :( I feel like my husband is waiting for me to fail...he hasn't said that..but that is my track record...and it is so important that we all succeed and you guys are such a great source of encouragement and strength that I had to bring this up. I promise to try and change my role from needy new person to experienced advice/encouragement giver but I guess I need to see that I can stay on this diet and do this first. Thank you all in advance.

*depressed*
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » March 27th, 2004, 9:32 am

Angela, I'm so sorry you are having a rough go of it. My first 3 weeks was pretty much like you are describing, but it got better. It will for you, also, if you just don't give up. Grab on and ride this out. It does get better.

You said, "I guess I need to see that I can stay on this diet and do this first." Guess?!? It sounds as if you've left yourself an option to fail. The truth is that you CAN stay on this diet, and you CAN do this. There's no guesswork about it. Stop expecting yourself to fail. None of us want to see that happen for you!

Stay with us, Angela! Be strong! Give the program, and yourself, a chance.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » March 27th, 2004, 1:43 pm

Hi Angela,

You said you feel like your husband is waiting for you to fail. Take that bull by the horns and tell him how you feel. I bet he really loves and wants more than anything for you to succeed and be the person God called you to be. If he is waiting for you fail, tell him how that hurts your feelings and tell him you need support like never before. He can't read your mind, so he doesn't know how you are feeling.

I know my husband, sometimes has so much testostorme running through his blood, that scratching, belching and farting are top priority. That's why he has me, to bring him back to reality -- there are more important things in life, and they all don't revolve around - you can fill in the blank.

God Luck to you.

You win this thing, really!

LOL
Lorrie

Postby Jeanette » March 28th, 2004, 6:53 am

Angela:

It took me a couple of weeks to get past the hungries. Just be patient and faithful and it will work for you!! I promise!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TamiL » March 28th, 2004, 8:17 am

Angela

I had the same "hunger" attacks as you are having...the first few weeks were the hardest for me..and I have to say that about a week before Aunt Flo visits...I want to eat like crazy!! It took a while for the STRONG hunger pangs to go away...a few weeks at least! and I have my HUNGRY days still...but I find that having a fast soup or something hot for my tummy will help..or a decaf coffee in the middle of the day will satisfy me! when I first started..I watched the clock like crazy..and had my supplements every 2 hours!! and I was still hungry!! and FOR ME...I found that when I ate the bars, they made me want to eat more..and more hungry...for most, the bars work well...we are all different!!
Hang in there Angela..keep your mind and yourself occupied during your hunger...take a walk, take a bath..read something..put on some music untill it passes!! JUST DONT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN TO THE HUNGER...I also found that sometimes my hunger would go away..the less I focused on it...I would find something to do..and before I knew it..I didnt feel so hungry!
give it a few weeks...youll see a big difference!
hang in there...dont give up..were here for you!

:hug: Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nebbie » March 28th, 2004, 11:18 am

I agree. It took me at least 3 solid weeks to eliminate the "hungries" for the most part. They are still there.

What's wrong with having another shake or two? Some days I drink 4. Some days I drink up to 7. I'd rather have a couple more shakes than fall off the wagon.

One last thought. I also take Prilosec (heartburn) everyday. My doc. had me on Nexium prior to Medifasting. I hope to transition off the heartburn meds altogether. Perhaps your "hunger" is encouraged by some excess stomach acid production from your happy hearty eating days?

Good luck and STAY WITH IT!!

Adam
(RE)Started January 28, 2008

307/307/219 (-00.0)
Nebbie

Postby elle4nelly » March 30th, 2004, 11:53 am

Angela:

It will go away...everyone is right...your body will adjust to lesser calories in a little bit...hang tough..soon you'll even forget you need to take in another shake like me...I went from being hungry to remembering I hadn't had one in a few hours.

Hang in there real tight!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room