Spoke with Nutritionist

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Spoke with Nutritionist

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 17th, 2005, 7:38 pm

My Doctor gave me the go ahead to start program last week.
My nutritionist called and cancelled our appointment for last Monday but rescheduled for Sat. I really glad I got to speak with her....I guess I shouldn't have started it without talking to her first. We decided I need at least Veggies in my life. :mrgreen:

One suggestion she made is to grill toms, onions, and shrooms Shikcabob style. I think I will add a little terriaki.( I hope I can)

Well the first 5 days were tough but I'm glad to be through it. I thought I would share a picture of Jackson and my hubby at our New Condo. We move in May 31st!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

Christine
Last edited by ChristinefromWI on April 17th, 2005, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ChristinefromWI
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 17th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Christine......thanks so much for sharing the picture....Jackson is so precious.. :angel: .....but I'm sure you already new that...Congratulations on your Condo!!!!!!
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 18th, 2005, 6:54 am

Hey there Christine - glad you are getting yourself all checked out with the doctor and nutritionist. Way to be responsible!

As for those two men in your life, WOW, I'm hard pressed to say which is cuter!!!! :mrgreen:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Helen » April 18th, 2005, 8:24 am

Christine,

Congrats!!! what a gorgeous little angel he is.

But Tereyaki isnt ok because it has sugar in it. I would ask Nancy before you try adding that.

Keep going at it, youre already 10 pounds down!
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 18th, 2005, 10:37 pm

ChristineFromWI ~

You have a fine-looking family and it looks like Jackson and his Daddy are having a grand time enjoying the spring weather. What a blessing to know that you are making some lifestyle changes that will bring positive results that will affect Jackson and your husband - good for all of you!

I must answer your question about the teriyaki sauce from the standpoint of the Take Shape For Life Programs that I support. What I say may be contrary to what your nutritionist designed for your personal program, Christine.

The basis of Take Shape For Life’s 5 and 1 Program is a balance of the macronutrients protein - carbs – fats. We do not recommend adding foods or subtracting foods to the clinically proven program because that will get the balance out of proportion.

If you have ever been on a teeter-totter or a balance board, you know what happens when both sides are not equal…one person gets bounced to outer space and the heavier one ka-thuds on his tailbone, chomps his tongue and then limps off trying to find his boinged-off friend in the pucker brush somewhere…

When we increase or decrease portion sizes, add more servings or slather on additional foods just because we like them or they make things taste better, we are, in essence saying that we know more than the nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and chemists that stand behind the programs with years of research and expertise.

Teriyaki is primarily made from soy sauce and sugar. Sugar is not our friend. Personally, I’d nix the teri sauce. If anything, I’d make my own with a bit of soy sauce, Splenda, ginger and garlic powder.

The Quick Start book says we may add salt, pepper, herbs and spices.

At some of our trainings we’ve learned that one may use a small amount of mustard, vinegar, and salsa. I have basted chicken with low cal salad dressing and low cal barbq sauce. I’d say read the labels and then just be cautious with what you use and the amount that you use.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.