MF Soup and the office

Add your favorite recipes.

MF Soup and the office

Postby ChattieCathy57 » May 21st, 2006, 3:36 pm

I have a question :?: for all you working gals/guys in here...

I usually have either the chicken noodle or chicken wild rice soup for lunch when I am home, and I have oatmeal when I am at work because it seemed easier to prepare ~ and this was when I was working only two days a week. Tomorrow I start a full time position and would like a few suggestions on the best way to make my soup at the office. :idontknow:

Someone suggested mixing my soup and water in the morning before work in my shaker jar, refrigerating it at work, then pouring it in a microwave bowl and microwave it for 2 minutes then let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes. :eat:

Just thought perhaps some of you do this daily and could give me your ideas :)

Thanks!
Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby ChiNut » May 21st, 2006, 3:51 pm

We have a microwave at work so I just follow the directions on the box, same as at home. :eat: No problemo! I also bought a little blender at Walmart for about $13 to mix my shakes rather than just shaking them in the shaker jar. :guzzle:
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elke » May 21st, 2006, 3:56 pm

I have a little microwave safe bowl that I take to work and I just prepare my food at lunch time and enjoy :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » May 21st, 2006, 4:20 pm

I have soup almost every day for lunch and what I do is mx the soup with the water in the morning and put it in a bowl (one of those disposable ziploc bowls with a lid) and I put it in our refrig at work. Then I pour it into a very large soup mug that I bought - microwave it for 2 1/2 minutes and it is perfect. If you don't have a refrig - I've let it sit room temp before too and it was fine. Either way, it is better if you do it either the night before or in the morning - it lets noodles, etc. soften and it is so much better.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » May 21st, 2006, 5:38 pm

Thanks to everyone for the input! :thumbup:

Hope the "first day jitters" don't get the best of me tonight and I can sleep! :snooze:

I am going to try using my large soup mug tomorrow (will bring a shake just in case!) ;)

Thanks again
Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Denise » May 21st, 2006, 5:58 pm

Cathy..I bought a Big mouth thermos for my soup. I have a microwave at work..but it is on a different floor from where I am in the afternoon...and I really can't get to it when I need it. The Thermos has been working great!

Good luck with the job!
Denise :eat:
Denise
Preferred member

Return to Lean Cuisine