Sorry but I'm new

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Sorry but I'm new

Postby amanda27686 » August 24th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Sorry if these questions have been beat to death, but hopefully someone can help me out. Tomorrow I have a business lunch, we usually go once a month. Almost always we go to Red Lobster, which I usually get the shrimp and lobster caeser salad. Can I still get that or should I get something else? Im sure it has a lot of dressing on it, and I don't like salads without a good amount of dressing. Would I be better off with some fish and veggies? I'm assuming we are not able to put butter on our veggies, just spices? If someone can give me a little guidance I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe I could get some examples good choices when I have to eat out. Thanks a lot.
amanda27686

Postby alohacate » August 24th, 2006, 12:51 pm

Aloha & Welcome!!! Great questions. Steer clear of salads with dressings from Red Lobster (too much sugar), and YES the steamed/ Broiled Fish with Steamed Veggies (no butter) is a most excellent choice. I have even taken my supplements out to eat at business meetings. I order hot water and a bowl & sugar free ice tea - no shame! Don't worry you will figure out what works best for your situation. Maybe have a menu faxed to you the day before so you can plan your strategy! Best of luck........
Aloha,
Cate
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 24th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Hi Amanda,

I have not started MF as yet, but my dad drags me to Red Lobster whenever he wants to tell me something. I usually have the talapia (sp) fish steamed in a pouch with veggies. All I do is add black pepper and its pretty good! Going there Sat nite and will probably have it again. Good luck!!
VictoriousNat

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 24th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Aloha Amanda!

If you still want the salad, can order it with no dressing and take along your own MF dressing or a low fat/low sugar one from your local supermarket or specialty store. I've done that before. Also, grilled shrimp or lobster with veggies sounds great too if that is on the menu.

Good luck to you and keep shakin! :yay:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 24th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.