socalgal

1 Thread per registered User.

socalgal

Postby socalgal » January 1st, 2008, 6:19 pm

January 1, 2008

I have recommitted to the Medifast plan, starting today. These journals are new since I was last on these boards, and I think they're a terrific idea. I am looking forward to logging my progress here, and reading about others' successes.

I am back because I am tired of ignoring my weight and health, feeling tired and achy because of the extra weight I am carrying, and not wanting to get dressed or go anywhere because of how I look. I am ready for a new way.

I know Medifast works and that I can do this program and succeed. Before my wedding, I lost 50 pounds on Medifast. Unfortunately, I have gained it back, and then some. I am the heaviest I have ever been....by a lot. :?

And so, it's time to start again. I need to forgive myself for letting it get this bad and remind myself that it's possible for me to be at a healthy weight and feel better.

A little about me ... As of today, I weigh 244 pounds. Wow, that is hard to type. I am 27 years old, an attorney, am married, and live in L.A. I work long hours in a high stress environment, so my health and weight have been low on my list of priorities in the past year.

Well, that's it for now. I am looking forward to the day when I look back at this first entry and marvel at the progress I've made.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~Confucius
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wT3YXUD/]
[/url]
socalgal

Postby Mickeyz » January 1st, 2008, 7:01 pm

Welcome back!

I know all about long days and high stress work environments even if I am out of the situation now. I think your key may be to stay organized and prepared. Make sure you always have plenty of food on hand in your office and be sure to write things down. I know in my office I even had to set a timer to remind me to do my MF meal. It is easy to become so involved in what you are doing that the time can slip by. Be careful, you don't want to find yourself uncontrollably hungry!

Happy New Year!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby socalgal » January 1st, 2008, 7:05 pm

Thank you -- that is good advice! I already had a box of MF goodies shipped to my office, so hopefully that will help me stay on track. I am a little hungry today, but I am hoping it will get better in a couple days...
[/url]
socalgal

Postby Out*With*The*Old » January 1st, 2008, 7:13 pm

Mickey gave ya some great advice!!! (and look at how awesome she has done too)!

Is today your first day? You might be hungry the first three or so days until you're in ketosis - then you'll have to remind yourself to eat on time. I think I finally have my body programmed after 12 weeks on plan - - I do get hungry - 3 hours after my last meal. It's like clockwork, I think 'Hmmmm, I'm hungry' - look at the clock and oh my, its time to eat!

A plan - esp for while at work - is a good thing to have! Just stick to your plan and you'll be able to stick to THE plan :)

Good luck to you, you can do it!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby socalgal » January 2nd, 2008, 9:15 pm

January 2, 2008

Well, here I am at Day 2. I have been perfect the past two days. I was feeling really happy and hopeful yesterday, but today, honestly, I feel like crap. I forgot that I tend to go through some kind of detox on MF when I start. My head is killing me, I feel nauseated, and I am dizzy. No fun. Hopefully it will pass in the next day or so.
[/url]
socalgal

Postby bikipatra » January 3rd, 2008, 5:40 am

Hope you feel better soon! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 3rd, 2008, 6:08 am

socalgal wrote:January 2, 2008

Well, here I am at Day 2. I have been perfect the past two days. I was feeling really happy and hopeful yesterday, but today, honestly, I feel like crap. I forgot that I tend to go through some kind of detox on MF when I start. My head is killing me, I feel nauseated, and I am dizzy. No fun. Hopefully it will pass in the next day or so.

I know what you mean about detox. It is happening to me too. But I know by day 4 I am in a better place. Hope you feel better. It gets easier.

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby socalgal » January 3rd, 2008, 5:37 pm

Day 3: January 2, 2008

Welll....my headache is pretty much gone, which is great! I hope I am almost through the detox. However, the unpleasantness of cleaning out my system reminds me of all the junk I have put in my body. It feels good to know it is clearing out...

Despite a few physical side effects, my morale is very high. I feel determined and committed to MF and hopeful that I will actually see a change soon.

Also, I received a call from a very close, childhood friend who asked me to be an officiant at her wedding in September. I was very honored and said "yes" immediately. However, after I hung up, I started thinking more about it, and realized I am going to be standing up in front of hundreds of people and am also going to be in a ton of their ceremony pics! Yikes!!! Talk about some major motivation to stick to MF!!

Thanks to those of you who have come in to say hello to me! This is such a supportive group, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
[/url]
socalgal

Postby lifelovinaries » January 3rd, 2008, 5:59 pm

aaahhh...the pressure! Just one more reason to stay compliant, right? No, you are'nt doing this for the wedding but just think of how GREAT you will look standing in front of those hundreds of people AND in the pics! Welcome aboard. There are so many people joining now and i dont think i had the chance to say WELCOME!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

How's it going?

Postby tnanock » January 12th, 2008, 9:38 am

Just wanted to check in with you and see how you were doing!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

:D :D
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Return to My Journal