smartiegrrl

1 Thread per registered User.

smartiegrrl

Postby smartiegrrl » July 3rd, 2006, 11:44 pm

so tomorrow (well today now) is Independence Day. No Taxation Without Representation and whatnot.

So what about food? Tomorrow I'm declaring Independence from food. If I lived on a body of water I might "Tea Party" that mac n cheese thats been in my cupboard forever...

So I start my new job Wednesday and I'm excited. I met most of the small office on Friday. Its a woman-owned agency and pretty much everyone working there are women, skinny, thin women. Most are mothers too - which is an excuse I can't use for my weight gain. Ironically the one guy I'll be supervising is a vegan with a beer gut. I find it amusing that he's so careful about what he eats but then loves to "get wasted". Anyways I think being around these women will give me some incentive to stay on track. Unfortunately for me, my biggest obstacle is my husband. I think he doesn't really care how big I get so long as I paint my nails and wear lipstick when we go out. :roll: He and his family have always been athletic and skinny so he has no idea what I deal with or what goes on in my mind. Although I'm trying to educate him. We'll see how that goes.

In other news I've been keeping odd hours all weekend and so my eating schedule is all messed up. I was up at 6am two nights ago and hadn't eaten all night and I was RAVENOUS by the time I realized I was hungry. Then I slept til 10, had a shake but later took a (5 hour) nap... needless to say, I'll be happy once the work week starts and my schedule is a bit more structured. I feel like I'm drifting in and out of ketosis. Super energized then super tired.

Also, I had forgotten how thirsty you get when on Medifast. I've been drinking a full gallon of water a day. Every morning I seem to be opening a new bottle. :water: Plus some soda and decaf Americanos. I think my new favorite room is the bathroom. :|
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » July 4th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Argh I'm stressing about the new job. I have a box here all ready to go with my techbooks and MF.

I went through my closet today. I have a lot of (smaller) clothes still from my eariler MF endeavor. I folded up some and put them in a box for the time being. One of them was a fushia cashmere sweater that I bought for myself as a 40lb reward last time. It made me sad because I had only worn it once. I really loathed that I had to go out and get some new pants that fit and a couple of shirts. I hope my co-workers don't mind that I'm wearing the same thing every week for a while. I refuse to buy any more "big girl" clothes.

I don't know what happened in the last year, maybe I'm just getting older, but my skin is changing and its all blotchy. I had a bunch of skirts, but I wouldn't be able to wear them with out hose since my legs look all beat up and I really don't want to wear hose all day if I don't have to. I think its razor burn that's out of control :(. Anyways I picked up some vitamin K creme and I hope that will help heal up that skin.

So I listed my weigh in today at 225. I've lost a little over 5lb already and I should be happy about this, right? I didn't weight myself until after the 3rd day of MF and that was 230 on 6/26. So basically I'm right where I was two years ago. I really need to stop beating myself up about it. I mean I can change it - and I'm empowering myself to go so, but still I'm just filled with so much... regret. Bleh.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl

Postby Karli » July 4th, 2006, 10:22 pm

I bet you would be WAY more regretful, in the future, if you didn't restart now. You have now, and that's all you have.

Congratulations on your restart. You already have a good thing going ! You know, I have realized that even if people love me when I am big, I absolutely don't love being bigger than I need to be. In daily practice, one's own standards for oneself are what really matter because that's what determines our decisions while nobody is looking. And there are lots of times when nobody is looking.

Best Wishes on your renewed journey :).

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 5th, 2006, 4:04 am

smartiegrrl wrote:So I listed my weigh in today at 225. I've lost a little over 5lb already and I should be happy about this, right? I didn't weight myself until after the 3rd day of MF and that was 230 on 6/26. So basically I'm right where I was two years ago. I really need to stop beating myself up about it. I mean I can change it - and I'm empowering myself to go so, but still I'm just filled with so much... regret. Bleh.

Smartie,

You are not alone :)

I am also in the restart category! I'd like to go from about 220 down to 140, and I am anticipating getting my box o' Medifast on Thursday or Friday. I went from 216 to 192 during 2 months in late 2004... and I dunno, my brain went dead, and I regained up to 228! ACK! But all is not lost, I am gonna do this, dang it! ;)

Don't get too caught up in the regret. The past is the past, ya know? Why sweat it? Let's get ourselves healthy NOW :)

We can do this!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby smartiegrrl » July 5th, 2006, 5:52 am

BerkshireGrl wrote:
Smartie,

You are not alone :)

I am also in the restart category! I'd like to go from about 220 down to 140, and I am anticipating getting my box o' Medifast on Thursday or Friday. I went from 216 to 192 during 2 months in late 2004... and I dunno, my brain went dead, and I regained up to 228! ACK! But all is not lost, I am gonna do this, dang it! ;)

Don't get too caught up in the regret. The past is the past, ya know? Why sweat it? Let's get ourselves healthy NOW :)

We can do this!

Hey I remember you! :hug:

And you two are right. Ok off to work with me.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl

A New Beginning

Postby alohacate » July 5th, 2006, 11:40 am

Aloha, sending you some warm aloha to brighten your day..... Hang in there and congratulations on your sucess thus far! :roll: :mrgreen:
alohacate

Hiya

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Just checking in to see how you're doing today Smartiegirl! Goin' ok?

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Arklahoma » July 9th, 2006, 9:52 am

Just wanted to stop by and wish you well.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to My Journal