Small Victory

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Small Victory

Postby Arklahoma » April 14th, 2006, 2:51 am

I have been on MF for about 8 weeks and I'm one of those poor, unfortunate souls that does not enjoy water. Every day I literally STRUGGLE to get my 64 oz down; however, today, I had 88 oz of water and I didn't even give it a 2nd thought. I must be winning this water war!

:lightsword:

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » April 14th, 2006, 4:05 am

Yes, Ark, it does get easier. I, too, had trouble with water at first. Now I drink at least 100 oz./day and my weight loss has become much steadier.

One thing I started doing is chugging a huge glass of water as soon as I get up in the morning. Yes, I have learned how to chug-a-lug my water, lol. I also keep water at my desk at all times and when I go to fill the glass, I always drink another glass right there at the sink and fill it again. I never would have believed that I could drink so much water. Before MF, maybe a few sips a day.....probably not more than 16 oz...ever!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 14th, 2006, 4:18 am

Glad to hear you are conquering the water thing...Just something that might make it a little easier: They have HUGE 64oz. water bottles (with handle and straw) it actually looks kinda like a giant beer mug or something. But if you fill this up in the morning and carry it with you everywhere, it is usually gone way before evening. Fortunately, I LOVE water (thanks to my mom) and I usually drink two or three of these a day, when I use this method. Even if you squeeze one in by midday, you have gotten in your minimum of 64 oz. You are then GUARANTEED to get thirsty later so everything else is above and beyond the requirement. Oh yeah, they sell these things in Walmart, 7-11's (it's a convenience store and they are sold as big-gulps, just don't fill it with the soda that somes with it, just buy it empty and keep the coupon). I still have yet to see them in Target but then again I haven't really been on a search lately.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 14th, 2006, 6:30 am

Arkie great to hear you are winning the water war. Before this program you would not have caught me dead with water and at first I literally had to gag it down but now I find that I crave it!

I started MF on Jan 15th and started journaling all my food and water intake on Feb 6th so my son yesterday asked me how much water I have had since starting so for the heck of it we figured up how much water I have slurped since I started journaling and it came to 10,508oz or 82.9gallons! and that does not include water I had before journaling!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 14th, 2006, 7:19 am

Lisa only you would calculate all the water you have had since starting!!!! You kill me girl!!! :roflmao:

I was very lucky because I have always liked water and drank at a minimum 8 glasses a day. So the water drinking wasn't an issue; however, I have stepped it up since starting MF and drink anywhere from 120 oz to 160 oz.

One day my husband was joking to see if I could actually drink 200 oz in a day and I took him up on it. He was only kidding and told me not to try but you can't challenge me and then back down - HA! So there I was chugging, peeing, chugging, peeing - ALL DAY! :water:

Yup I made the 200 oz but I was up all night too! Plus, I think I may have made my kidneys work a tad too hard because I had "back" issues all the next day. I get kidney stones a lot and have alot of UTI's so I know what that feeling is and what it can mean.

Needless to say, I won't be trying to drink 200 oz again! But I can say that I did and hold the record in my family - hee hee. :trophy:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 14th, 2006, 10:08 am

Yup, conquering the water thing was a doozey for me! It's one of the reasons my DR suggested MF. She took a sample for a random and told me she was worried my next "sample" might be jello! THAT'S how little water I drank! I travel a lot and spend a lot of time at events and really had to work on myself mentally. See, I have what's called "Home Toilet Advantage." While I'm not always talking about my "home", once I get to my hotel, that's "home." I can't explain this mindset except that my events involve a lot of port-a's and johnny on the spots (the blue buildings with the white roofs!) and I did my best to avoid them. Now, I get my exercise at events by seeking out the "flushy potty's" and chug away! I feel so much better now and can't believe what I was doing to my system! Wow, if I knew I was going to go on that long, I would've brought a snack! sorry about the novel!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 14th, 2006, 11:59 am

That's great!!! I find that now that our weather is warmer, it's so much easier for me to drink my water. Good for you for sticking with it.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 14th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Thanks Guys! This is truly a new lifestyle for me, but doubt I'll be binging on 200 oz per day LOL. I think I'll stick with my 64 oz.
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » April 15th, 2006, 9:43 pm

I gave up Diet Coke for water a few years ago, so it wasn't that hard for me. But I used to be able to drink water only when it was very cold; now I love it at room temperature, and that helps me drink even more than I used to.

The past few days when my brother was visiting, I felt like I was doing really poorly on water because I wasn't drinking it constantly like I normally do. Then I realized even on my WORST day, I had had about six glasses.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby JustJeni » April 15th, 2006, 10:40 pm

Good job Ark! Drink it up!
♥♥Jeni♥♥
JustJeni
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » April 16th, 2006, 6:19 am

Who else thinks Lisa has way too much time on her hands? :roflmao:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Arklahoma » April 16th, 2006, 2:15 pm

<raising my hand to serendipity's query>
Arklahoma

Postby falisamarie » April 16th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Gimme a break guys it was spring break and my son was bored and wanted to add it up. Anything for these kids!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby BerkshireGrl » April 16th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Lisa,

82.9 gallons?!

I'm impressed!!!!

Did you know that the stomach capacity of a large whale is 200 gallons? (Hah! Probably not, I just looked it up on the 'net myself!)

You almost filled a whale up halfway!

Get cranking! :lol:

Or... another odd factoid for you, off PBS.org: The average American uses 82 gallons of water per day (for all purposes: cooking, drinking, bathing, toilet flushing.)

I think you might be pushing the average up too! :roflmao:

p.s. Ark - WAY TO GO on the water intake! You're my hero! I am not a natural water drinker either. Coffee on the other hand... I've been reading your coffee tributes with longing ;) But I'm gonna learn how to enjoy this strange clear liquid that supplies only moisture and no caffeine...
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby supermom » April 19th, 2006, 3:27 pm

I am STILL struggling with the water. And, this week I am hungry. I did fine last week, but this week----completely different story. Haven't cheated, but really really hungry.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room