Slipping and Sliding

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Slipping and Sliding

Postby Maisie » May 4th, 2004, 9:25 am

I've almost written a post here on the forum, almost, for a month or so. I was too ashamed to tell you all that I had put 10 pounds back on. Crazy, you guys would be the last to pass judgment, and there's no one harder on themselves than me.

TamiL put it into words perfectly when she recently described her slide before restarting Medifast again. I was down to 150 and I slipped right back into old patterns. Thanks TamiL for putting my feelings into words. You helped me a lot.

Not staying in touch with you guys no matter what was a big mistake.

Restarting Medifast 5/4/2004
171/160/125
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 4th, 2004, 9:29 am

Atta Girl Maisie,
Get back up...dust off and climb back on the train. Nobody said it would be easy.

Anyone that says they've never slipped up here is "embellishing".

We still love you,
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Landylue » May 4th, 2004, 2:36 pm

Welcome back, Maisie! What would any of us do if it weren't for new beginnings?

Glad you're back among us.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks

Postby Maisie » May 5th, 2004, 9:27 am

Dear Unca and Landylue:

It's nice to know someone is listening. My father has just been diagnosed with some heart problems and I have been so stressed out and turning to food. My father and I are so close to each other. I'm grateful for Medifast and for you guys as a way to stay focused on my own health. Thanks for you kind words of support.

Dusting myself off,

Maisie

171/157.5/125
Maisie

Postby TamiL » May 5th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Maisie
Im so sorry to hear about your Dad....but reaching for food as comfort will not comfort you a few hours later, it will fill you with guilt..which leads to dissapointment..which leads to more eating...and the pattern will continue! your Dad, Im sure wants to see his Daughter HAPPY...and when you were medifasting...you were happy, perhaps not in every aspect of your life...but you were bound and determined to get your self esteem back..and DO THIS once and for all!! Im glad your back...starting over is hard..done it a few times already..but nothing, I MEAN NOTHING tastes as good as being in Ketosis and knowing that your body is burning fat...waking up feeling GUILT FREE and in control of what your putting in your mouth....and waking up feeling THINNER a little day by day!!

my prayers are with you girl...and your dad...hang in there...dont worry about the weight you gained back..it will come off...just start over...fresh..no looking back!

hugs to ya maisie...welcome back!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hello to TamiL

Postby Maisie » May 6th, 2004, 10:23 am

It's great to hear from you. Your words are so appreciated and thank you especially for your prayers for my father. He is doing better and I think he is trying to "dust himself off" and keep on going.

I hope all your fellow firefighters appreciate what a supportive gem of a person you are. I am so proud of you for jumping back onto Medifast. We'll both get to our goals, I just know it. We started at the same time and we've both had setbacks here and there, but all in all we've made lots of weight loss and personal progress.

Today is Day 3 of starting again, and it is always my toughest day to get through. But I do have 4 of those 10 nasty little lbs. I gained back off.
Now, I just need to keep going.

Maisie
171/156/125
Maisie

Postby TamiL » May 7th, 2004, 8:17 am

Maisie...good for you...day 3 down...that is the toughest..the first few days!! but youll do it..just hang in there!! the rest of those pounds will drop in no time!!
happy shakin :-P
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:46 am

Maisie--

Bottom line -- you are here, you are aware and we all care!!!!

Good for you - I admire your getting back on -you will succeed if you keep on trying - I promise...

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

The Last Diet

Postby Maisie » May 13th, 2004, 4:48 am

Dear Shineface:

Thanks for all your encouraging words. To never have to be on a diet again. What a lovely thought. We are aware and we all do care!!!! Your weight loss is spectacular, 199 is just around the corner for ya Pam.

Maisie
171/154.5/125
Maisie

Return to The Weight Room