Size 24W suits

Got clothes that are too big and ya wanna get rid of? If you're following a weight loss plan, you do.

Donate, trade, barter or sell outgrown clothing here.

Size 24W suits

Postby 24KaratGold » March 4th, 2005, 9:10 am

I have several lovely, professional woman's suits in size 24W for the buying or bartering. One has a red jacket with navy blue trim, and has two skirts that go with it, one a straight skirt all red and the other a pleated skirt navy blue. 100 percent wool, Saville II from Nordie's a few years ago, and in great condition.

There's also a burgundy (jacket and skirt) and a cream (same) one; not wool and I don't remember the label, but I can get more info if anybody is interested. I have to try on the green and the black tonight; I suspect the story is the same with them, as well.

This forum has great potential -- let's use it!

I'd be willing to consider buying used-but-still-good things in 16W or 18W (not petites; I'm 5'9", and not just suits), and hopefully in a couple of months 14W.

I went to a few thrift shops last weekend, but nothing is in any order and I don't have the time to spend going through everything looking for sizes. I'm having some fun on ebay, though!

PM me if you want more info.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby kassilou » March 4th, 2005, 9:15 am

Gee, isn't it a shame to *have* to buy new clothes? Pity.... :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby monkeymom » March 4th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Lucky for me I have quite a collection of sizes (because I've grown out of them so quickly in the last couple of years). I've busted out quite a few things I haven't been able to wear in ages, and have others hanging in the closet waiting. I figure I've got about another month before I'm going to have to start spending money on new stuff.
I love to shop too........but just can't afford it right now, so it's good that I've still got some stuff to fall back on for now.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karen » March 4th, 2005, 4:25 pm

My closets are looking pretty lean right now. In early November, just before I knew I would be starting MF, I got that crazy notion of "if it doesn't fit right now, give it away". So I did. My closets were left with only the 24's and 26's that fit me right then. Now I am in 18's. I have maybe 2 outfits to wear to church, a few very loose pants and tops to wear at home. The scrubs I wear for work are really big... but hey... they are scrubs. Now, as things get too big, out they go,(never to return to that size). Several things leave here weekly. Closets are almost bare, I have EMPTY drawers!! I am determined NOT to buy clothes until I get stuff to take on my New Zealand trip in MAY, with maybe an exception of a new dress for Easter. I LOVE it! I will get some things to get me thru the summer... but when I reach goal in the fall... I am GOING MAJOR SHOPPING. I am going to figure out "my look/style" and just start from scratch. I will never again have closets and drawers stuffed to the busting point with things I cannot wear.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kauket » March 5th, 2005, 8:55 am

We moved 2 years ago (wow, it's been that long) and rather than move all my unwearable (then) clothes I donated them. I kept 5 shirts that I love and couldn't part with, but the rest went. I can't wait until I'm at goal and I can go shopping in the "Cute" section instead of the "Tent" section.
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » March 5th, 2005, 11:27 pm

Congrats Ladies on slipping out of those old clothes LITERALLY!!! :D
Do any of you have Ross Dress for Less stores in your area??
I have made some amazingly great buys there and they carry designer duds sometimes as well.
You have to try everything on as their sizing can be shall we say varied,
but it is worth it!
I went there today for my Florida vacation trip coming up this week and bought 2 large shopping bags of summer clothes including dresses for evening wear for $150!!
I LOVE this store and it has been a godsend while I continue to lose!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Ross Rocks

Postby Joan Roman » March 6th, 2005, 11:19 am

Hey Mary! I'm a fellow Ross shopper too! I'll tell you it does help out to get a new thing or two for just a few dollars! I don't feel so wasteful then!

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » March 7th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Joan,
Isn't that the truth!! I can go in there and not feel guilty when I shrink out of my $ 10 pants! I LOVE that place!
Sometimes at least for me anyway having on an outfit that actually fits and shows off my new figure is REALLY motivating even if the outfit only cost a few $$!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby 24KaratGold » March 7th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Mary, you inspired me! I found a Ross nearby this weekend, and went and bought a couple of things one size down from what I'm wearing right now. I can zip them -- barely -- but that's about it. They will be my next goal clothes to fit into!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Return to Swap N Shop