Sinfully Delicious

Add your favorite recipes.

Sinfully Delicious

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 8:22 am

Before yesterday, I did not know "Sinfully Delicious Desert Bites" even existed. Heidi saw these things on the "Food Network" of all places. (why would you watch the food network when you are dieting?......I guess she is dreaming of things to come.)

Anyhow, these are little hard bites of zero net carb, 2 calories each, desert flavored, space age looking, little circles. They are about the size of a nickel I would say. They have no sugar and no fat. They use some sort of sweetner called mannitol which they claim is used in diabetic foods.

Heidi had ordered some and they were delivered yesterday. After our "lean and green", we tried a couple and they were GOOD! In the box there were a dozen different flavors. All sorts of pie flavors and several candy flavors among others.

Before I get too excited about these things, I would like Nancy's opinion of the ingredients, especially this mannitol stuff. What, if anything, will it do to the effectiveness of the Medifast plan?

I have to say that these were very satisfying and would indeed get rid of a craving for sweets if one should pop up. And they are only 2 calories each.

Information can be found at "sinfullydelicious DOT com"......

Has anyone else tried these? If so, what did you think?
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » April 14th, 2005, 8:38 am

Sounds very interesting Dean. I too will anxiously see what Nancy says. I would not dare try them on the plan myself as they would probably send me right over the edge of insanity for my sugar issues :goofy: - but maybe during maintenance they would be a good sweet alternative for me! Thanks for posting!
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 14th, 2005, 8:47 am

Dean wrote:They are about the size of a nickel I would say

Anyhow, these are little hard bites of zero net carb, 2 calories each, desert flavored, space age looking, little circles.

Bet you can't eat just one?

Let's see....
2x30=60
2x100=200
2x?

Can you say "Slippery Slope"?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 8:49 am

Donna...Ditto for me.....I have this little problem of .....not being able to control myself when the little sugar signal is triggered..... :x ...much like carbs...it sends me over the edge ...I'm working on that addiction.... :roll:

dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 8:57 am

Unca_Tim wrote:Bet you can't eat just one?

Let's see....
2x30=60
2x100=200
2x?

Can you say "Slippery Slope"?

Unca......Thank You...that was a Perfect Analogy for me... :star: .....That would be my issue.... :roll: ....I could never eat just one.....I would end up eating the bag....... :tears: ......"Slippery Slope"... :?: ....I'd be at the bottom in a flash..... :help:

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 10:18 am

I ate two of them........so, you are correct Unca.....I couldn't eat one

I will run around the block and burn off those 4 calories!! :-P

As far as it being a "slippery slope", I suppose it could be considered as such. Those slopes will always be there.......even after hitting our goals. We have to learn to get better footing........cause ya can't eliminate all the slopes.

The Medifast plan, if done correctly helps us learn to control urges. After all, the main staple of the plan for me is a chocolate shake. This doesn't make me want to run out for a real shake........nor do I drink two or three at a sitting. So if I look at it in this light........I doubt these 2 calorie deals will cause me to break out the big pants.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 12:26 pm

Dean...I applaude your strength... :thumbsup: .....if it was foodie food...it wouldn't phase me..... :no: ...I could have one maybe two and move on.. :) ....however......when it comes to certain dessert type things i'm not as strong..... :hide: ....i'm strong enough to avoid it.... :weightlift: ....but when I indulge it sets a trigger off for me..... :x ....(somewhat like a junkie...a little bit turns into alot ).... :twisted: ....thank God it's a sugar addiction and not drugs....alcohol...gambeling...sex....oh wait a minute... :hmmm: ....I think my DH would love if I had an addiction to sex....... :yeah: .....well an addiction to just having sex with him.....
Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Well Donna, If you have a sugar addiction......and good for you that you recognize it...........you had best stay away from things that are sweet. (this does not mean you have to stop responding to my posts however.........for after all, I AM sweet.)

As for your comments about addictive sex with your hubby..........he would LOVE it!! .......plus if you work at it, it is a real calorie burner! As a friend of mine once told me........his wife got so excited one night, she actually lost her place in the book she was reading at the time...... :lol:

I think you are doing just great with your weight loss success. You didn't start out at a really high weight, so the pounds don't fall off in huge chunks. You are having a nice steady progressive drop in weight and it won't be long before you are at your goal.

To paraphrase the Soup Nazi from a very popular episode of Seinfeld...........NO sugar for you..........One Year!!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Dean0408 wrote:As for your comments about addictive sex with your hubby..........he would LOVE it!! .......plus if you work at it, it is a real calorie burner!
Dean

He's been telling me for years that I could be burning alot of extra calories at something that is so much more enjoyable than pilates......and if I was really interested in getting in shape I should take him up on his offer as he promised to be an excellant coach........ :roll: ...yeah right....

and I love the Soup Nazi.... :roflmao:

Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 2:30 pm

You know - on those gym nites - I get an EXTRA workout ... seems my husband really enjoys looking at his wife in workout clothes (or dreaming about me doing squats - not sure which :mrgreen:)

As soon as I walk in the door he gets that gleam in his eye ...... :lol:

Donna - I'm with Dean -- think of all those CALORIES you are burning!!!!!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 15th, 2005, 3:07 am

:puter: Mannitol is an osmotic diuretic.

Only YOU know you best.

:scratchhead: Lemme see here...if they have zero carbs, no sugar, no fat, the size of a nickel, and contain mannitol, why not just lick and relick a nickel - zero carbs, no sugar, no flab, the size of a nickel and no mannitol... at all!

Some of you (now I do not feel the need to list your initials or your maiden names here) KNOW you are headed for the Slippery Slope and are wise enough to change directions and vamoose.

That would be moi.

I say “Let's get the heck outta Dodge!”
:drive:

Some of you KNOW you are headed for the Slippery Slope and you are donning your crampons, you’ve grabbed the carabiners and have your :hammerhead: ice axes in hand...

:?: :?: Some of you have NO idea what we're talkin' about here. :?: :?:

:hmmm: Personally, I wouldn’t touch it with an industrial strength plunger but that may be due to the fact that one day I took a walk on the wild side of the Slippery Slope…

Years ago I discovered some very tasty sugar-free chocolates at a well-known chocolate shop in Portland, OR.

I bought one pound of them.

I ate one.

I :heart: loved it.

I ate :bib: the whole box.

They looked like chocolate.

They smelled like chocolate.

They tasted like chocolate.

My bathroom looked like chocolate; didn’t smell like chocolate.

:shock: I had a major crap attack. :secret:

Folks, we are talking about more than random acts of poopage here.

Stomach growls that actually awakened the :snooze: sleeping spousal unit.

I thought I would die. I became One with the China Bowl (and I am not referring to an Asian restaurant).

I would have to say that I had more than a :twisted: mild case of gastrointestinal discomfort.

Charmin shareholders made a haul, their stock doubled that day.

Does your candy come with a coupon for Queen-size Depends™?

Check the fine print for a warning about possible laxative effects.

:wavie: It’s your call…I don’t hear any chimes…but that's just me

:whistle:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 15th, 2005, 7:58 am

Gee Whiz Nancy..........I have to admire your ability to turn text into a graphic picture. Next time I get the urge to eat some "forbidden fruit", I am going to re-read that last post. It surely makes the appetite run for the hills and scale the most slippery of slopes.

Too bad about the chocolate reaction you had.........but......it was not the fault of the chocolate, it was your fault for eating the whole box. Which of course, was your point.

Just think if ALL food had that little built in punishment for over indulgence. No one would ever be over weight. One false move and you would be running to visit your Asian friend Toi Let and vowing to eat smaller portions in the future.

I hereby retract my recommendation of this product. While at first I thought it would aid those who just wanted a small treat without harming the progress made with Medifast, it is obvious that the consensus of opinion is that people can't be trusted to exercise self-control.

It is better to be safe than sorry............don't buy these things. I am sorry I brought it up.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby bikipatra » April 15th, 2005, 8:47 am

Omigawd Nancy, that sounds terrible. I have to admit, I was considering checking out some sugar free chocolate like a friend of mine doing the Overeaters Anonymous program eats. She buys in small quantities. But I will stay away. Reading your description, I had awful flashbacks of when I tried Xenical. It is a prescription diet drug that "flushes" fat...stops 30% of its absorbtion. I wasn't even big when I tried it..I just thought, oh goodie, a get out of jail free card! They warn against eating high fat food while taking it. Of course, I ate pizza. A few pizza slices with extra pepperoni. Thank the heavens I was at HOME the next day!!! I had BRIGHT ORANGE greasy leakage. So scary and vile.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » April 15th, 2005, 9:25 am

:hmmm: biki ~

re:
I had awful flashbacks

Yeah, I had :redhead: awful FLUSHbacks when I read Dean-oh's suggestion...

Sorry I got carried away, Kids. :grin: It's what I do...

:whistle: Oh, Dean-oh, you hoo, Dean-oh ~

SOME of us can't handle that stuff...yup, if I had been in control, I wouldn't have weighed 265 pounds. :3head:

For some of us, it is :help: ALL or it is :angel: NONE.

I haven't learned all my lessons yet, but I am learning how the mind of a :hammerhead1: warped and :nana: crazed Foody sometimes operates...

No retractions needed, just the waistline retraction is what we're aiming for - got yer CRAMPons and ice axe handy, is the St Bernard harnessed and kegged-up?

:point: Mt. Slippery Slope straight ahead!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » April 15th, 2005, 9:46 am

bikipatra wrote:Reading your description, I had awful flashbacks of when I tried Xenical. It is a prescription diet drug that "flushes" fat...stops 30% of its absorbtion. I wasn't even big when I tried it..I just thought, oh goodie, a get out of jail free card! They warn against eating high fat food while taking it. Of course, I ate pizza. A few pizza slices with extra pepperoni. Thank the heavens I was at HOME the next day!!! I had BRIGHT ORANGE greasy leakage. So scary and vile.

Oh, Biki-- I totally sympathize! I was on Xenical, too, out of desperation, for about a week before I realized it was a bad idea. What woke me up was the day I didn't stop to think and downed a bag of BBQ potato chips... I know about bright orange greasy leakage! :shock:

Lesson learned... For me, the lesson was, I needed to drop the weight sensibly and stop looking for a quickie way out. If only I had found MF sooner! ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine