Sick of AOL

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Sick of AOL

Postby Unca_Tim » December 11th, 2006, 11:06 am

Well....I'm usually not one to complain much, but I've had enough of AOL.
:x
After going back and forth for months, I'm done dealing with them.

MMT will no longer support mail delivery with AOL. It's a shame that spammers have brought communication on the web to this point, but if AOL can't implement an anti-spam program that doesn't block legitimate emails, I'm not going to take the time to help them figure out their system.

Here's a list of current emails @aol that are not getting correspondence with MMT at this time:

BLOCK LIST
pjbusy
FreeBirdExc
yorkies19

If you're on this list, we've been sending you emails that are being blocked by AOL. If you'd like to try to continue your email relationship with MMT using AOL, please contact them and tell them to allow mail from makemethinner.com. There are dozens of others that have been blocked in the past. I'll continue adding to this block list in the future.

If you use AOL for your mail service, I suggest you set up an alternate account with one of the many other free services that are out there.

One suggestion for a good alternate email source is gmail and can be found here:
[url=gmail.google.com/]Google Gmail[/url]

If anyone would like to post some alternative email programs that they use and are happy with, please add to this thread.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 2getskinny » January 8th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Sorry Unca I didn't know there was a problem with my Email. I just now read your post from December 06. I will see if they will not block your emails. As I only use AOL. Again I am sorry.

(FreeBirdExc)
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 8th, 2007, 11:30 pm

No problem 2get,
It's not your fault.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » January 9th, 2007, 4:37 am

I use Yahoo! mail for free and have no issues with it. You just go to the Yahoo site and follow instructions to set up a mail account.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 14th, 2007, 10:25 am

Hi Chynna,
Looks like webtv has us blocked too.
You have a PM from me.

AOL still has us blocked and I've been jumping through hoops for a couple months trying to get us removed.

If you're using AOL, I'd suggest you get an alternative free email account to use on the forum. You could be getting emails from us that you're not receiving.

Thanks,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Web Room