Shortfynesse

1 Thread per registered User.

Shortfynesse

Postby shortfynesse » July 20th, 2006, 2:50 pm

I've been waiting a long two weeks for this, my first journal entry. I'm excited to announce that I received my first Medifast box yesterday. :mrgreen: I opened it immediately and I even tasted a bar. It was good just like the regular S'mores bars. I feel now that I am well on my way to a healthier, prettier me. It's all in my hands now is what I thought when I went to bed.
This all comes at a bittersweet moment because I was laid off on Tuesday after starting a promising new job just three weeks ago. :x :x Even though I am eager to start, I don't want to mess up by not being on a set schedule. Even though this is a tough blow, I can't let this get in the way of taking care of me. I never saw this coming. It's like being dumped by a boyfriend when you did nothing wrong.

With your help and encouragement I promise to stay inspired.

Sincerely,

Excited but trying to stick in there.
shortfynesse

my journal

Postby Bonnie » July 20th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Welcome aboard!!!

I am so glad you posted. Let me tell you that while you are on this journey in helping yourself become the healthy thin you - you will have lots of :x rotten things happen to you to :twisted: tempt you not to stay focused on your goal. You will need to tell yourself "NO EXCUSES" THIS IS FOR ME AND MY HEALTH. Just think how much better you will feel even in just a few weeks from now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on the forum or PM me. I want you to suceed in your weight loss goal. You will make someone a very good employee because you are already doing something about your own health. Your attitude and work skills will be much appreciated. Good luck finding a new job!!!

Please keep us posted on your weight loss.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » July 20th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Laid off after three weeks??? That's terrible!! I hope you find something else soon - and I hope it's an even better job!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » July 21st, 2006, 5:39 am

One of the tactics I "used" to get so overweight was this type of thinking: Well life is too hard right now. I'll start a diet tomorrow when things are a little smoother.

Don't ya' fall victem to waiting for a better time to do something for yourself. Life isn't going to adjust to us MF people. We have to adjust ourselves around life.

You can and will do it. Remember as someone here on the forum once said: "Three hours at a time"

You have all of our support here. Good luck!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shortfynesse » July 21st, 2006, 2:04 pm

Thank you for the encouragement.

drmjwdvm- you are right and I think that is the trap I feel I was falling into. I had been feeling like " how can I diet while feeling down" Instead of having the attitude that I can't let anything get in the way of my ultimate happiness.

Bonnie- I appreciate your reply as well and after thinking about it for awhile I have decited to start on Sunday. Just because something bad happened to me doesn't mean I have to compromise my health. There is no more being comfortable with being unhappy.

Thank you. :D
shortfynesse

Postby Bonnie » July 21st, 2006, 8:24 pm

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

We will all be here to encourage you to get to your goal. You only have one body and treating it right only brings REWARDS!!!!

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby shortfynesse » July 23rd, 2006, 1:28 pm

WELLLLLL...... Today is my first official day of MEDIFAST. For breakfast I had the Maple and Brown sugar oatmeal. Suprisingly it was sweeter then the regular. I didn't have to add anything but I did add a dash of Equal.
After church I had the orange shake which wasn't bad either. I'm sure I will learn how to spice it up through the forum. Then right before I came down here I had my L&G meal which consisted of baked chicken leg which came to 4 oz for one and fistful of green beans. I'm surprisingly full but I think my mind is trying to play tricks on me and tell me I want to keep eating. That is how I got this size is by being greedy. BACK OFF MIND! :x I'm on a mission.

It doesn't seem all that bad right now. The water intake is going okay as well. Especially with the heat. I also just purchased a Magic Bullet and some peppermint and orange extract. Not sure what I will be using these for but I thought I should have something just in case.

I have to admit I felt a bit silly preparing my oatmeal and shake while my sister was making eggs and bacon for lunch and added mac N cheese and corn for dinner. She is doing Weight Watchers and can have whatever within reason or points. I felt kind of left out. I just keep thinking, its all in my head, it's all in my head.

Hang in there,
Shortfynesse
shortfynesse

Postby Bonnie » July 23rd, 2006, 2:34 pm

Hang in there you are going to have a quicker weight loss than your sister and you will feel like you are on top of the mountain.

You could have 7oz of chicken for your lean meat. During your hunger stage you might want to have your full serving of salad as it takes a long time to eat and you feel like you have had a lot to eat. I enjoy the chewing process.

Make yourself a desert tonight - blend your banana pudding with ice and 4oz of water in your bullet then take 1 package of apple soy crisps and crush them in a bowl then put the pudding on top. You will fell like you are eating a banana cream pie.

Don't forget if you get hungry you can add an extra medifast meal a day until you get through the first week. Just don't have more than one bar a day.

You will love the results of your efforts!

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby shortfynesse » July 25th, 2006, 8:38 am

Well it's the start of my third day and I feel okay :| I have no extreme hunger pains and i'm down 2 pounds.
Last night after dinner I felt really sick. I was dizzy, had the worst headache, and my stomach was queasy. I fell asleep trying to get rid of the headache and missed two meals.
I woke up this morning and had a hot cocoa which was YUMMY!! However, I can't seem to get into the shakes (Strawberry, orange, etc) I was really discouraged yesterday because I was hungry the whole day but once I had my L&G I was remotivated.
I must make a confession, the day I bought the Magic Bullet, I started putting non compliant ingredients in it. Then I had some salmon salad after my L&G. So I guess this would be my second day???
Bonnie --I didn't received any soy crisps in my variety pack but can't wait to try them. I'm a salt addict.

Here's to day 3.....or two?? :oops:
shortfynesse

Postby Bonnie » July 25th, 2006, 9:07 am

I am so glad you posted how you are feeling. Some people do not share and go off the plan and blame it on medifast.

Headaches can occur on the first week. You can take tylenol or IB Profein to get rid of the headache. Skipping your meals will only slow down your weight loss and make you hungrier. You need to have all of your meals and have them every 3 hours.

I know how hard it is not to add something off the plan to your shakes etc. But the medifast formula only works if followed strickly. The devinci syrups are ok to add. You can even add a diet soda to the shakes. Rootbeer is great with the vanilla shake. Some people use the diet cream soda with the different shakes like orange and strawberry.

The soy crisps are a wonderful thing to have on hand. I take them to the movies and I even have them in the Car. The secret is saving the one package a day for a treat. Contact your Health Advisor and order them today. The shipping is really cheap on them as they weigh next to nothing.

Feel free to PM me with questions anytime. We all want you to be successful.

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby tlo » July 25th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Hey Tammy-Tammy,

I just was looking through and saw that you had started your journal!! I am so exited I get to keep up with your progress even if we don't get a chance to talk on the phone. I am so glad you lost 2 pounds, that is fantastic :cleader:

Sorry you can't read up on my journal about what is going on with me, but I haven't really been posting because my scale is really broken, I mean I know for a fact its like 15 pounds off, and EVERY SINGLE time I get on it says something different. So I just stopped using it. Will type more when I get another. But I am so happy for you. I told you the first few days would be kind of tough, but you can do it!! Hang in there. Next week this time you will be feeling much much better.

I'll chat with you later.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby shortfynesse » July 26th, 2006, 8:40 am

Hey Tlo,

You are right every day is alittle easier.

Today I'm happy to report that I did not wake up with a headache or dizziness. Also, I'm not craving any carbs (Hi, my name is Tammy and I am a carb addict) I think my body was missing it and that's why I wasn't feeling good. I"m not even hungry and I'm enjoying getting my water in everyday.
Okay here is the problem. It's not cheating that I have a problem with, it's the supplements that I can't stomach. Last night I had the chicken noodle soup which Tlo said was good and I coughed it right back up. I was so discourage. Even this morning thinking about how nasty it was I couldn't even have my first supplement. I ate two eggs instead. (My lean for the day I suppose) Even though I feel good and I'm down another pound today, I feel really discouraged. I don't want to feel torture every two hours. How is that worth it?

What to do?
shortfynesse

Postby shortfynesse » August 2nd, 2006, 9:32 pm

Wow, I haven't posted in a few days but I haven't given up.

I feel really good today. I went to see Miami Vice over the weekend and while watching the skinny people on the movie I then looked down at my tummy and said,"I no longer want anything to go in my mouth that will make my body look this way." Well so far I have kept my promise and I am happy about it.
I just recently started a temp job in a shopping mall with a BIG food court and I don't even allow myself to go in that direction. It's like I have boundaries and when I start to get close to the food court I have to turn around. It's been working pretty good so far. I did have a craving for a cheesesteak and cheese fries and I had to call TLO to help talk me down. Thank goodness for support people because I'm happy to report I didn't give in. :D :D
I'm down a total of four pounds which is okay. Im getting all of my water in and my face is clearing up (Had a problem with acne) I like the way it makes me feel. Admittedly I went off plan this weekend and I can tell what a difference it makes in the way you feel about yourself when you are on the diet wholeheartedly. I'm so glad I found it. But there is only one problem.

I'M OUT OF CAPPUCINO AND HOT COCOA, THE ONLY DRINKS I LIKE.....

I'm headed over to Swap N Shop right now.....

Recovering Food Addict
Tammy
shortfynesse

Return to My Journal