Seemelose

1 Thread per registered User.

Seemelose

Postby Seemelose » July 9th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Hello Everyone,
Hard to know where to begin. I have battled the weight issue for most of my life. As a little girl my brothers used to call me fatty. I really bought into that and thought I was fat all my life but looking back at childhood photo's I really was pretty much a normal size. I remeber when I was probalby only about 13 I had earned some money babysitting. I went into town and sat outside the European Health Spa (An early version of todays health clubs) I had seen an ad on TV and had just enogh money to join(not sure for how long) I so wanted to go in and join but I was too scared I sat there for hours trying to get up the courage. Then I just went home. My next attempt at weight loss was when I was in high school I went to Weight Watchers. I think it was pretty new at that time. I did lose about 30 lbs which was all I needed to lose at that time. At 19 I married at 21 had my first child and 22 the second. And back to Weight Watcher to get rid of the baby fat. Well to make a very long story short. I then did the diet to diet to diet thing. I even worked for Weight Watchers for a while. The classic yoyo started and each time I gained the weight back the number grew higher. I felt that I had tried everything. I didn't want to give up but I felt very defeated.Then I saw an ad for Medifast. I asked my husband if he thought I should spend the money and try yet one more weight loss program. He is such a wonderful and supportive guy. He said if you want to go ahead. So the next day I called and ordered my food. I got Jan as my health advisor and she has been great. When my food arrived I jumped right into the program. I started to journal the first day. I remeber writing day one and thinking I can't wait until I can write month one. Well I have been on the plan for five weeks. I have lost 25 lbs. And I have loved every minute of it. On day one I wrote today was pretty easy I hope tomorrow will be too. Well I just can't beleive how easy this has been so far. When ever I start to feel a little bit hungry I look at the clock and guess what it's time to eat. I love the food and for the first time in a long time I truely believe I can do this. As I write this I have no doubt in my mind that I will be able to stick with this and reach my goal weight. I still have 85 lbs to go to get there. But I will do it, and having all of you here at this forum to help and encourage has been and will be a great part of my success. Thank you to each one of you for all your kind words of welcome and encouragment. Im looking forward to this journey with all of you.
Sharon
Seemelose
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Karli » July 9th, 2006, 7:52 pm

wow, thanks so much for sharing your story. I can't help but feel inspired by it myself, and I can't help but think it is inspiring for others reading.

Best wishes,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » July 9th, 2006, 8:29 pm

You're off and running and doing great. I'm soo happy for you. I know you'll part with every pesky pound.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 12:10 pm

Your story is inspiring!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thanks

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Ditto, ditto, thank you.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Seemelose » July 10th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for the kind words. I spent the day with my niece today. She started Medifast a little over a week ago. I was thrilled that she lost 15 lbs in her first week. Im so proud of her. I think it will be such fun doing this together. Calling each other with recipe ideas, etc. I have always been very close to her so Im excited to see her success. We went shopping today and she was having trouble with her pants slidding down. Time to buy a smaller size already. My husband is on day four and he says he feels great. As for me Im still plugging right along.
Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Diana » July 10th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Wow, Sharon! We are so much alike!! My favorite part, though, is the hopefulness we share! I, too, had given up. I remember thinking back in January, "Welp, this is it. I've peaked and now it's one slow, steady decline to the grave."

How wonderful to have our lives back, isn't it?? You're so gorgeous and you have such style, I can't WAIT to see you at goal!! And you know what's cool?? You'll be there WAY before next July!!

Go get 'em, Sharon!!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Seemelose » July 11th, 2006, 10:37 am

Hi Diana,
Thank you for the kind words. You are one of the people I look to for inspiration. You are right it is great to have our lives back.
Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Seemelose » July 11th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Can't believe what this program has done for my spirit. One of my closest friends keeps saying "you seam so happy." It is amazing how much better you feel when you are doing something so possitive for yourself. And I just can't keep quiet because I want the whole world to benefit too. Im trying hard to contain myself.
Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Seemelose » July 13th, 2006, 10:01 am

Well ,up one day down the next. I had a big dissapointment yesterday. Nothing to do with my program. But just felt really let down by a friend. But the good news is that I was not even tempted to turn to food. This program is great. Still feeling a little low today. But very comfortable with the food plan. It's great how writing things down makes you feel better.
Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Arklahoma » July 13th, 2006, 10:57 am

Looks like you're doing great!!!
Arklahoma

Postby LovenElvis » July 13th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Sharon you are doing GREAT! You have such a great attitude and I luv ya for that!

Remember we are all going to have an updated picture next year at conference!!!! We are all going to look great!!!

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Seemelose » July 13th, 2006, 11:40 pm

Hi,
Thanks Laura and Arklahoma. I ran into a friend tonight that I hadn't seen for a while. She had weight loss surgery about a year ago. Listening to her tell all the details of living with this surgery and all the repeated surgerys to tighten the small pouch etc. I was extemely grateful to have found this product. She continues to struggle with loosing weight as you can not eat between meals or you will gain weight. I had never thought about that. Also she said she is still able to eat too much chocolate. As it has alot of calories in a small amount. She is a wonderful person and I wish her all the luck in the world with her method of choice. But Im sooooo glad that I discovered Medifast I know I was temped to check into surgery. I never took that step. Im so grateful that I will never have to.
I will be out of town for a few days. So I will miss my weigh in on Sunday morning. Oh well I will have a couple of extra days ot loose before I weigh. It is going to be a little bit touchy while Im gone as I will be staying with 5 friends. And they are not all in favor of what Im doing. Prayers would be appriciated.I can and will get through the weekend I just hope I don't have any conflict over my program.
Later,
Sharon
Seemelose

Postby Arklahoma » July 14th, 2006, 5:54 am

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you have a great time!!!
Arklahoma

Postby Diana » July 14th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Prayers comin' up!!

Hang in there, Sharon!! You've made such great progress!

You may know this -- Mike had bypass surgery, too. (There are several different kinds...his was the somethingerother-Y.) He attended the support group for a while, too. And there, it was constantly stessed that the surgery is only a tool; that the bypassers also had to do the headwork. And, as we know from the BeSlim philosophy, it takes more than that, really. His system adjusted after only a year and he started right back down the same roads.

I'm so glad you found this program, too! We probably would have missed each other, elsewise!

Have a great time with your friends! Hopefully, they'll begin to realize what a wonderful thing you're doing for yourself.

Hugs, dear friend.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Next

Return to My Journal