Savory Cheesy Creamy Broccoli Soup

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2004, 9:10 am

This is very good.

My husband Terry :x HATES brocc - he can't even stand it when I am cooking it. In fact, most everything green is not his favorite, unless it is the infield at a baseball game or the playing field at a football game.

When he first started the Medifasting Five and One Plan, he thought he would not be able to deal with it as the only veggies he used to eat were corn, smashed potatoes with 1/4 cube of butter and an occasional lettuce leaf if it was drowning in Ranch or Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing.

Oh, yeah, he did like green beans if they were smothered in Cream of Mushroom soup and had those French-fried onion rings from a can sprinkled on them...

He discovered that he did indeed like veggies - especially tomatoes!

He had not eaten them for years as they had always given him terrible heart burn. No kidding, from day one on MF, he has not had to take his Rx Prilosec for gastric reflux.

Now He is able to tolerate and actually enjoy quite a wide variety of veggies - even this recipe that utilizes BROCCOLI and MF Cream of Broccoli Soup!

:D Awesome, eh?

You may discover that you or a :eat: family member will like this as well.

The recipe is another great one from my good friend, Le Anne Edwards.

:chef: RECIPE :chef:

1 pkg – Medifast Cream of Broccoli Soup
6 oz cool water
½ cup - Fresh Chopped Broccoli florets
2 Tablespoons - Parmesan Cheese (Kraft)
*Optional: 1 package Splenda™ and/or Cavender’s™ All Purpose Greek Seasoning

Finely chop ½ cup broccoli florets and sprinkle a “bit” of water for moisture and microwave 1 min on high with napkin on top of bowl.

Stir Medifast Cream of Broccoli Soup into 6 oz of cool water until well blended and smooth.

Shake and pour over cooked broccoli bits.

Cook an additional 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on high. :shock: Watch so it won’t boil over.

Sprinkle 2 T Kraft™ Parmesan Cheese, 1 package of Splenda ™and a dash of Cavender’s™ Greek Seasoning to taste…

I enjoy it with 1 Splenda packet as it takes the bitterness out of the broccoli…Enjoy… :bib:

Created by Le Anne Edwards

Nutritional Information
Medifast Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cal 110/Fat 1g/Cholesterol 9 mg/Sodium 340 mg/Potassium 350 mg/Carbohydrate 10 g/Dietary Fiber 1 g/Sugars 5 g/Protein 14 g

Kraft Parmesan Cheese (2 T)

Cal 20/Fat 1.5 g/Sat. Fat 1g/Sodium 85 mg/Carb 0/Sugars 0/Protein 2 g

Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (1/4 t) – Just a dash!

Cal 0/Fat 0/Sodium 241 mg/Carb 0/Protein 0

** This is a super Maintenance Plan recipe.

Generally we DO NOT suggest that you have CHEESE while on the Weight Loss Phase.

You know my personal feelings about having 'a little of this or just a speck of that' while on the weight loss phase... :twisted:

It is MY opinion that when Medifasters 'fudge' on the Weight Loss Phase by adding BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) of other foods, it causes weight loss to slow down and then it easily leads to a person becoming out of control with food and then they go off Program and pork out - back to our old vicious cycle. I would not prepare and eat this wonderful soup until I got to maintenance. Don't mess with Medifast. It is a designed plan with 23 years of success behind it. Good things come to those who wait...they get to their goal!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine