Saurkraut?

Add your favorite recipes.

Saurkraut?

Postby Toxsiq » October 8th, 2005, 7:16 pm

It's October and in this family that means Beer, Brats, and saurkraut (sp?) time.

Cabbage is an acceptable green, right? I know that trad kraut is fulla sugar and bacon and such, but I made some plain kraut with half store bought and half fresh cabbage, some apple cider vinegar, and a buncha splenda and that's it. It's really good. The package of the ready made saurkraut said 5 cals and 1 carb. But I like cabbage a lot so I fully expect it to be on the No list.....but ....one can hope.

I skipped the beer and the brats, though, so thats cool.

yeah so my question is Does the basic kraut recipe I said above sound MF friendly?

xoxox Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby Nancy » October 8th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Hey there, Tox ~

In general the vegetable portion of the Lean and Green should be no more than about 10 grams of carbs. The total calories for the salad plus the dressing should be no more than 80 cals. I think your sauerkraut sounds yummy.

I love cabbage - raw or cooked and I especially like it with vinegar, some onion and some mustard. Sounds good!

PS You're doing great to avoid the bratty beer brats! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine