RTD's - Any variations?

Add your favorite recipes.

RTD's - Any variations?

Postby fatBgone » June 29th, 2005, 9:23 pm

Ok, so this may be a silly question - since the beauty of the RTD's is supposed to be that they are READY to drink....but, I'll ask anyway.

Has anyone tried using them in a Magic Bullet (or blender) with ice (or extra water) to make them ice cold and thick like a shake? And, if so, did it affect the taste - or how similar is it to the powdered shakes if you fix one like this?

I have a few RTD's that I ordered with my first order and very rarely use them - and I've decided that it's because they aren't as good (IMO) as the packets - but I think it's only because I have gotten used to fixing them in my magic bullet and they're SOOO good that way and I also think they're a little more filling because I usually end up with about 10-12 oz vs the 8 oz that is in the RTD.

Well, anyway, if no one has already tried this, then I'll try my own experiment and let you know the results - but thought I would just ask first. Thanks!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 30th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Sorry, no help here. I usually use the packets when I'm home and save the RTDs for when I'm out and about. I wouldn't think blending 'em up or adding ice or flavoring could really hurt them, though.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 6th, 2005, 1:22 pm

I'm with DogMa, I even scolded DH the other day for drinking a RTD shake in the AM WHILE HE WAS IN THE HOUSE, I mean, the blender is RIGHT THERE!!!! LOL! :x

Anyway, I have only used them while on-the-go, not for when I'm at home. I agree that the blender/ice way makes them fuller and more satisfying, plus the blender kicks in a little air to puff it up more, and you can add more water, more ice or what not to make it a much bigger shake.

I would try it especially if you rarely use the RTD, you may as well doctor them up if you have them. I bet they would be nice in the blender.

I wish the RTD had MORE flavors than just Choc & Vanilla.... :bib:

Sheila

Mommy2girls

Postby DogMa » July 6th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Yeah, and came in 70s and the diabetic formula. Sigh. Maybe at some point.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fatBgone » July 7th, 2005, 10:18 pm

Well, I finally tried a RTD with ice and blended in my magic bullet. It was ok...but nothing too spectacular.

I don't know what it is about the RTD's, but their flavor is just a little different and maybe I'm just used to the packets, but even with the ice and blended up - the RTD still basically had the same flavor. Soooo, I'll probably just keep using them every once in a while when I'm heading out the door in a hurry or something. I don't hate them, but just prefer the packets. I guess that's a good thing, since the RTD's cost more...hehe!

I tried the chocolate though....I might try the vanilla and add some davinci rasberry syrup or something to see if it helps.
Lisa
fatBgone

Return to Lean Cuisine