Roll Call-Sunday December 28, 2003

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Roll Call-Sunday December 28, 2003

Postby Maggie » December 28th, 2003, 9:34 am

Good beautiful Sunday morning everyone. Time to post those numbers. Now that the holidays are over (well almost over) it is time to recommit to this program. 2004 can be the turning point in our lives. Let's say goodbye to this fat once and for all time. I don't make resolutions but it is my intention to be a different person by the end of 2004. I have not posted my beginning weight before because I didn't want to be the heaviest person on this forum but I realized that there may be others out there who are reading but not posting. Maybe I can be the influence that someone else with a large amount of weight to lose needs to get motivated or to stay motivated. So with that said I now reveal that my beginning weight was 380 lbs. :oops: In four weeks I have lost 29 lbs. :D I am headed down and there is no stopping me. By the end of 2004 I will weigh below 200 lbs. That is approximately 150 lbs. I have to lose an average of 3 lbs a week. Entirely possible with Medifast. (which means I have to be true to myself and to the program. I am committed to do that.

Maggie lost 4 lbs. in the 4th week for a total of 29 lbs.
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

roll call

Postby susan » December 28th, 2003, 2:45 pm

magie,
I didn;t loss any thing this week a big fat o# Iam very :x :x :x :x at my self that is what cheating on xmas gets me a big fat o# .I am really back on the wagon this week and I better see the numbers go dooown.
213/197/125 .
sounds like you are doing great keep it up .susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby parrotmom » December 29th, 2003, 12:39 pm

Hey, Maggie--thanks for doing the roll call. I look forward to it every week.

Week 4 ended with 2 more pounds lost for a total of 16 lbs!
Amy in San Diego
196/160/130 (1st Medifast round - Nov03-Apr04)
174/160/130 (2nd Medifast round - 09/27/04)
parrotmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Re: Roll Call-Sunday December 28, 2003

Postby explorthis » December 29th, 2003, 4:05 pm

Maggie wrote:Time to post those numbers.

Greetings.....

Been on the sidelines, watching more than posting, and spending quality "thinner" time with my family. I have been about 95% faithful since Thanksgiving... I have incorporated a daily (evening meal) Salad, which 98% of the time is lettuce, dressing (yes the full fat kind) and a (very sporadic) 'mater, nothing more. I have been substituting a shake (remember I have only been taking 4 shakes total during my Medifast teunure) for the salad. I don't know if its called a plaateau, or I have just lost most of the weight, but the loss for me has slowed down some. I do not excercize, nor have I ever, other than the yards and cars, and playing with the kids. I know its wrong, but I am LAZY.

Currently: 337/244/goal: 220-230 (loss of 93 pounds)

I am 5# away from losing my 13 year old daughter (she weighs 98#)

I have lost 93 pounds in 112 days. I was averaging about .90 pound per day, but now I am averaging .83 per day. I know this is an odd calculation, but I am a math guy, and like numbers (less numbers). I wonder if its the salad causing the slow down (I know its not slow to some of you, but remember I am that darn man, that looses faster) or again, that "plateau" that we have all expierienced, or heard of.

I am still being faithful, other than the Thanksgiving dropletts of turkey, mashed-taters, and stuffing I had. I did go to Vegas (this was the big test)w/Mom and Sister, Sat. and Sun. last week. I did order a "chicken meal" and ate a dinner salad, and some of the chicken. I did NOT eat the 4 pounds of french fries that accompanied the dinner - not a one. For the morning breakfast, I did go to a buffett. This was an expierience if I do say so. My eyes are still playing God with my stomach. I am so used to frothing at the mouth, wondering how much I can pile on, and how many return trips I can make, I actually got nervous. I did eat a little of just a few choice items, nothing to get panties in a bunch over. About 15 mins after finishing I did feel FULL, even after only consuming a small amount. Oddly enough it will take lots of time for me to l-e-a-r-n to re-eat, and that I DO NOT need to load the plate to the point of needing a forklift to haul it to my table. Bottom line, I am still being good. I think my brain is playing games with me, and trying to justify the fact, hey, I have lost about 90% of what I need to lose, and thus I can justify eating anything in portions. I do not want to get in that mode, as I feel I still have about 15-20 pounds to go. I do not want to deviate from this untill I reach goal, so I need to be real careful, as all of us do......

So... 93 pounds gone, 15-20 to go (in my opinion) feeling WONDERFUL, different than I can EVER remember. The compliments/questions/remarks about how I look are still rolling in, and I can say, they feel great.

Keep it up, it works!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » December 29th, 2003, 10:03 pm

Well, there's good news and bad news!

Bad news: I wasn't faithful to the program. I did not eat huge portions, but I did eat whatever I wanted in very small bites. And it tasted....okay. Not great, but not horrible.

Good news: I did not gain any weight. I have been to Curves 4 out of the last 7 days and have increased my water, so I know that helped with no gain.

So...my signature does not change...yet!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby Debby » December 31st, 2003, 6:30 pm

Jeanette,

Hi again! I noticed in one of your posts that you mentioned Curves. We also have Curves in San Diego. What's your opinion of it? Right now I'm just doing the walking - I bought one of those "Gazelle's" from an infomercial - (God, I'm such an info-mercial junkie 8) -I've had it for a month now and I must not be doing it right, 'cause my calves hurt so badly - nothing else, just calves, that each day after I use it, I walk around like I have a load in my pants!! :| Pretty picture.... So let me know what you think about Curves.

Thanks!

Happy New Year!
Debby
Debby
Debby

Postby Jeanette » January 1st, 2004, 7:38 am

Hi Debby! Since you asked about Curves...

I LOVE IT!! :weightlift: It has been the best exercise program I have ever done! It totally fits my lifestyle because I dont have time to go for a 2 hour workout at a regular gym.

Some of the pros are:
--ONLY WOMEN!! That helps with the self-consciousness
--From start to finish, the whole workout is about 40 minutes--that includes stretching. I can do this on my lunch hour at work, rather than eating!
--The music is very upbeat dance music (makes you feel like you're in a disco or a gay bar! :lol: )
--There are wonderfully trained instructors that are there to answer questions and offer support and encouragement
--If you choose, you can be weighed and measured monthly to track your progress. My center also has a body fat calculator.

I pay $29 a month at my center here. It is deducted directly from my checking account, so I really don't have to worry about it!

You should stop by your local Curves and ask for a tour! I bet you'll want to join once you go in!

Happy New Year!! :cheers:
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Return to Roll Call