Roasted Chicken

Add your favorite recipes.

Roasted Chicken

Postby Shellster » November 16th, 2005, 6:55 pm

I have a question, Can you eat the roasted chicken that is premade at the grocery store?? I wasn't sure if there's anything on there that we can't have but I know that they are very very good. Someone please let me know. Thanks
Michelle/Shellster

Shellster
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby aphrael » November 17th, 2005, 11:55 am

Shellster,

I can't find the thread, but I seam to recall Nancy talking about her experance with a store bought roasted chicken and how it was loaded with lots of fat. I would guess cheek the ingrediants list and see what is there and make a jugement call.

Aphrael
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Shellster » November 17th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Thank you Aphrael,
I appreciate your response. I love the store bought Rotisserie(sp) chicken, I was just wondering if we could have it. I will have to check to see if it has nutritional information. I thought that it just had seasonings on it but I don't really know. I will look next time I got to the store. Thank you.
Michelle/Shellster

Shellster

Roasted Chicken

Postby Jan » November 17th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Hi there,
That yummy chicken is most likely not a great idea. :cry: It does contain a lot of fat and it is roasted with the skin on it. That means the meat is infused with fat while roasting. So, even if you peel the skin off before eating the fat is in the meat. This is true also if we cook our chicken with the skin on . A much better choice is skinless chicken breast. It is surprising to know that chicken thighs contain more fat than some cuts of beef. I had a chart which I have misplaced at the moment -- but I found mine at the grocery store --so I'm certain the charts are readily available. I think it is just a matter of educating ourselves as to the fat content of meats.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Shellster » November 17th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Jan,

Thank you for letting me know, I was going to have that for dinner one day next week, I didn't think about it being cooked with the skin on because I always take the skin off. Now I know why it is sooo yummy. Thanks again for keeping me from making a big mistake.
Michelle/Shellster

Shellster

Return to Lean Cuisine