Quotidianlight

1 Thread per registered User.

Quotidianlight

Postby quotidianlight » July 10th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Day one went perfect with the exception of missing one shake.

Yesterday was a very long day for me. I was on day two and started my morning driving 2 hours to get the kids to the ex before my commute to work. Then after a day of manning a slow car lot and impressing the new boss I had a total 3 hour drive to deliver a car, do paperwork, grab kids and get back home (I was so tired I even drove my car into the carport with the bikes on top... oops). Here is how the medifast went:

breakfast: shake (so far so good)
two hours later: bar (yum yum)
A half hour later after migraine started: soy crips and shake (Oh sh*t I think I'm in trouble)
Lunch (Need food, need tylenol *grunt grunt*): salmon, steamed veggies and broth (much much better and feeling on track)
Then the next 5 hours were run run run run starve starve starve with no time or water to mix shakes or eat my chili. On the way back from SF I grabed a dry bacon cheese burger and tossed off all the carbs. Then as I passed through my town, with literally 2 mintutes, I grabbed a second bar and bag of soy crips. Once I got home I sort of stared at the shakes and passed out. total day: two shakes, one L and G, one lean-less and green-less, two bags soy crisps and two bars

So that was my day. I already decided to carry a jug of water in the car for mixing drinks on the go and found a cup with a screw on top to make it in without announcing my diet to my coworkers. Does anyone have any other advice for the fridgeless with a frequently mobile office.
quotidianlight

Postby DogMa » July 10th, 2006, 3:21 pm

The water and cup are a good start.

Order a case (or more) of Ready to Drink shakes right away. Freeze them, and bring them along with you during the day.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thermos

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 3:39 pm

I carry a thermos with Hot H20. I also carry water bottles (16oz) and use the Medifast measuring cup to whip up my meals in just a few seconds. I also have a small cooler bag that is easy to tote. Sometimes I make my puddings ahead of time and put them in small tupperware containers.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 3:49 pm

yeah I was going to say, my hubby packs his little cooler each morning for work, so he's prepared. Me, I have a fridge at work, so I guess I have it easy!

Just make sure you get the meals in even if your busy! Makes a big difference!

Good luck and I cant' wait to hear about your success!

~ Sharon ~
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Re: Thermos

Postby quotidianlight » July 10th, 2006, 4:58 pm

alohacate wrote:I carry a thermos with Hot H20. I also carry water bottles (16oz) and use the Medifast measuring cup to whip up my meals in just a few seconds. I also have a small cooler bag that is easy to tote. Sometimes I make my puddings ahead of time and put them in small tupperware containers.

I actually carried a 33oz water bottle but I drank it all! God, I am so thirsty. I'm going to get one of the big half gallon containers for my car though. I do love my cup because it looks like a normal coffee type thermos but it is shaped more like a tumber with a top that completely seals. I didn't know about the puddings when I bought my supply so I will pick up puddings and make those ahead of time; thanks for the tip.

BTW, the chili I made today didn't cook well (the beans were hard), is there anyway to cook them better without having to put them on the stove. It tasted great with some hot sauce, but I hate hard beans.
quotidianlight

Beans

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 5:01 pm

I've had my share of crunchy beans & soups. I've learned to let them soak in hot water for a minute or two, then microwave, then sit again for about a minute or two. Anyone else know how to overcome the crunchy beans?
alohacate

Postby DogMa » July 10th, 2006, 5:19 pm

I mix up my chili ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge. I usually make a week's worth and just pull 'em out and nuke them as needed.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

bad day but I will keep going

Postby quotidianlight » July 11th, 2006, 6:06 pm

I don't have enough self control for either the bars or the soy crisps. I ate a bar at 10am and was bingeing by noon. I think it was the crunch or the higher carbs just as I was starting to get into ketosis. I am fine, tomorrow is another day but it does suck since now have to go through the first most difficult days... all over again.
quotidianlight

Hang in there

Postby alohacate » July 11th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Yeah, it sucks! But at least you learned more about your body and next time maybe steer clear of the carbs until you can handle! You can do this! Don't give this another thought - except to learn from it :-P
alohacate

Return to My Journal