questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

questions

Postby pandasmom » February 2nd, 2007, 2:39 pm

I have 2 questions I wanted to ask and see what people thought or knew about this….

1) What is the word on having a energy drink? There are lots that are sugar free, they have 0 carbs, only 5 calories??? So are we able to have them or what???

2) What about Starbucks Coffee.?? I never liked coffee then about a month ago I had a sample of a Cinnamon Frapacinno (sorry do not no how to spell that) Is was SO yummy. I asked star bucks what is in it and how it was made. There is coffee and a syrup which you can have fat free, sugar free, and then milk which you can have fat free. So I no or think we are not to have milk but if it was a once in a while thing like once every month lets say. Are we allowed to have that cause we can have coffee right? I was just wondering..

Thank you all very much. Hope everyone is having a great week enjoy the weekend
Terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » February 2nd, 2007, 3:13 pm

I'm not sure about the energy drink. I thought that most of them had carbs, but if there are no carbs, no calories, it would be ok.

The frappiccino would not be on program because of the milk, but Starbucks coffe is fine.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lucy » February 2nd, 2007, 4:59 pm

I switched my Starbucks cravings to a Cafe Americano..15 cals, I have SF Syrup and non-fat milk, it is not a Frappachino, but after 3 days I found this is what I crave. I went to the Starbucks site and also did a google on Starbucks Calories, I tell ya what a wakeup...no wonder I am fat! Now I have a new thing, I like it and I can always have it....if I don't make changes all the medifast in the world won't help because a 700 calorie frappachino will just pile weight back twice as fast...

The energy drink, I would ask a nurse on the help line...no I wouldn't I would just drink it, I believe 5 cals is legal...but reality it probably isn't. When you get into ketosis you will have PLENTY of energy anyhow...
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » February 2nd, 2007, 6:49 pm

On the energy drinks, they basically are like the diet sodas, except they have a few calories, so I would say its not much different than having a diet soda and counting the calories just like you would Crystal Light (5 cal a serving).

As for the Starbucks, the best thing to do there if you want the coffee, get the coffee with the SF syrup (love that SF Cinnamon Dolce myself), and add no more than 2 T half and half.
I checked on their Frappaccino base and although they have a "light" one, its still got alot more sugar than we can have. They just don't use sucrose in it, its splenda and fructose. So, although I had a couple of these before finding out the actual ingredients, I avoid all Frappaccinos now.

There have been days where I have fudged a bit and got a Nonfat, SF Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Count that as a supplement, but its really not "approved". We all make choices, so thats a decision you will need to make.

Hope this helps.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2007, 9:00 pm

Hey, Kids ~

I thought I'd mention something I discovered at the local Safeway the other day - Hazelnut flavored Splenda™ and French Vanilla flavored Splenda™. I found it in the baking section near the sugar. The box has little packets - I used half a packet in a cup of Starbuck's with a little non-fat milk and rather liked it. It was yummuh in my Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal...

Yeah, those Frappies sure taste good but definitely are not good for the hips and buns, are they? I’ve learned to love a Medifast Chai Latte of Cappuccino made in the Magic Bullet with crushed ice during the summer time or stirred into coffee. To prevent the Cappuccino from getting gloppy, I prefer to make it with cold coffee and then heat it. You might want to try some sugar free syrup or one of the Hazelnut flavored Splenda™ packets added to the Cappuccino.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.