L&G Question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

L&G Question

Postby kmr » September 29th, 2006, 7:25 am

I know as long as we stick to what is written in the Quick Start guide, then we're fine, but I am curious about something. Since meat has no carbs and allowable substitutes like low fat cottage cheese, Boca burgers, etc. have carbs in them, do those extra carbs combined with the carbs in our veggies effect ketosis in any way? I was looking at low fat cottage cheese and that has like 4 carbs per serving and Boca burgers like 5 carbs, so I've been holding off on them for now. But I would love to have them sometimes because I normally (pre- M.F.) don't eat alot of meat.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » September 29th, 2006, 10:08 am

I've incorporated lowfat cheese (cottage cheese) and it has not had any negative impact on my ketosis. It took me almost two 1/2 months to get to "Ketosis Land", prior to that I felt hungry almost everyday. I am positive if I had been "knocked out of ketosis" I would feel hungry again!!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kmr » September 29th, 2006, 10:43 am

Thanks Cate! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » September 29th, 2006, 12:13 pm

The level of carbs that will knock you out of ketosis is different for everyone. The only way to know is to try them and see. If they do cause a problem, you can still have them if you just pick lower-carb Medifast foods the rest of the day. The carb content on the supplements varies tremendously.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kmr » September 29th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Thanks! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby kmr » October 1st, 2006, 9:52 am

Well today I tried for the first time low fat cottage cheese for my "lean" with my L&G. I stuck with 1/2 cup because even though the Quick Start quide says 1/2 - 1 cup is allowed, I wanted to play it safe being that 1/2 cup has 6 gm. carbs. I added a splash of vanilla, Splenda, and pumpkin spice. OMG! It was delicious! It tasted just like homemade rice pudding, which is one of my favorites. I'm going to have to limit myself though to only a couple of times a week. Otherwise I would have it for my L&G everyday. The only thing I didn't like was having to have a vegetable with it. It didn't really go well with the cottage cheese like a meat does. I 've said it before, but 1 1/2 cups of cooked veggies is alot! I wish I could have 1 1/2 C of cottage cheese instead (yum)! :eat:
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.