Question

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Question

Postby Heathhes » February 11th, 2006, 8:09 pm

Hey Nancy!

I am just curious, how many supplements do you still eat a day in place of regular meals? What would be a snapshot of what you eat in a day(supplements and food) after losing the weight and keeping it off? Your testimony is so inspiring!

Thanks,

Heather
Heathhes

Postby Nancy » February 12th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Hi there, Heather!

Welcome to you and I am glad to hear that you are helped by our story.

Medifast has taught me so much about portion control and balancing the meal compositions. When I am unable to take the time to shop for and prepare a balanced meal of protein and carbohydrates, I choose to have a packet of Medifast.

I have several packets of Medifast every day.

For breakfast I have a packet of Medifast oatmeal - I could easily cook 'regular' oatmeal if I wanted to but I prefer to have the soy protein that I get from Medifast and I also like the ease of preparation with the Medifast oatmeal. I have grown to value the soy protein for my heart health so I choose the Medifast oatmeal over the well-known brand of oatmeal with the white-haired man wearing the black hat on its label or the store brands. I have another packet of Medifast oatmeal at bedtime or a packet of the Chai Latte.

I usually have a couple of shakes a day - I like the Women's Health or use the Medifast 55 shakes as the soy helps to reduce hot flashes. For best heart health, it is suggested that we consume 25 grams of soy protein per day.

I usually have a small lean and green for lunch, several servings of vegetables throughout the afternoon or evening and the regular lean and green for supper. It depends upon my day and how busy I am. Often it is just easier to have more Medifast packets and less regular food. Often I have Medifast Creamy Broccoli soup with additional broccoli added to it. This is not recommended for people on the weight loss program – do not add to the packets as it will upset the balance of the protein to the carbohydrates and fat proportions.

I eat every two to three hours and keep my portions of regular food small. I rarely eat bread and when I do, I choose whole grain bread.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Maintenance