Question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question

Postby Justsecretgirl » January 28th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I start on Saturday and have been doing real well. Today I lost it and ate some off program food. Is it bad to do that once in a while? I know it will slow my progress, but will it harm my body?

Thanks in advance!
235.6/230.5/195
Justsecretgirl

Postby nickieluv » January 28th, 2009, 6:54 pm

I think it's more damaging to the mind, in my case. When I go off (which is more often than it should be) I see an immediate water weight gain and feel very sluggish, tired, and irritable. But the bigger problem is how long it takes me to get back on program.

Just look forward, not backwards, and soon you'll be enjoying the benefits of being fully MF again. Depending on what you had, you might be hungry the next couple of days again - if it was extra protein you might be able to get back on easier, but extra sugar/carbs always put me in major hunger mode. Just be prepared for that and stay stong.

Good luck!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Justsecretgirl » January 28th, 2009, 7:25 pm

Thanks I really needed it. This isn't my first time on MF. I did it a couple years ago. I'm just mad at myself now! I know that when I wake up tomorrow I need to be focused on MF ONLY! Thanks for the input! I'm glad I'm not the only one that slips up.
235.6/230.5/195
Justsecretgirl

Postby nickieluv » January 29th, 2009, 3:56 am

And don't wait to start that journal! Whether you're on for a year or a day, it helps to connect with other people and know that you can share your journey with people who understand. It's not all about MF, either, as you can tell from other journals - it's all about life and the journey and everything that comes up. We're here to lean on!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Justsecretgirl » January 29th, 2009, 11:44 am

Nicki your really kicking my butt! :-P
235.6/230.5/195
Justsecretgirl

Return to Come on in.