Question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question

Postby kmr » January 13th, 2007, 10:08 am

I was wondering when the best time to have the soy crisp snacks are? Since we have to have our M.F. meals every 2-3 hrs., when should we fit the crisps in? I was thinking 1 1/2 hrs. after a M.F. meal so that still leaves another 1 1/2 hrs. before the next M.F. meal. Since they have carbs I didn't know whether it would effect the ketosis if we had them too close to a M.F. meal since they have carbs too. :?: Thanks!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Diana » January 13th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Pretty much, I eat them whenever I'm hungry and water and boullion aren't cutting it. I think they CAN mess with a person's fat burning state if s/he's really sensitive, but I often eat the Ranch ones in the Creamy Tomato soup and the Apple Cinnamon ones in the Banana and Vanilla puddings (inspired by our own Terry Pettit).

As with so many other things, you kinda just need to find out what your body can tolerate. I know if I'm having a span of time where I'm not losing as much as I'd like, I need to cut back on the higher carb things (some of the soups, bars, snacks, oatmeal, maybe the pudding) and stick with what works for me (shakes! and hot drinks).
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » January 13th, 2007, 12:19 pm

And just to add to my DW's reply. If there is a time, like me, in the afternoon between your MF meal and your L&G when you might feel "munchie", then I have a snack - soy crisps, pickles, etc.

Hope this helps.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 13th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Like Diana, I have my crisps at my "hungriest" time of the day, and for me that is in the late afternoon. It might be at a different time for you. :popcorn:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » January 13th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Thanks guys for the tips!

Diana...........Your suggestion about putting the crisps in the soup or pudding sounds delish!!! I would have never thought of that!
Thanks! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2007, 5:17 pm

What great advice from consistent losers above!

I really like the soy crisps and use them occasionally when faced with a strong urge to eat.

I have one of those 'all or none' tendencies and I do best when I do minimal snacking. When I snack, I want more. Snackage can easily lead to over-eating for me; that is why I prefer to have the Medifast portion-controlled snacks.

Yep, the soy crisps do have carbohydrates so when I am feeling particularly needy in a snack-or-die mood in the evening, I go for Robust Tomato Fast Soup with chili powder or hot sauce first - it is spicy and usually satisfies me. When that doesn't do it, I go for a pickle spear. Soy Crisps are sort of a last resort for me, particularly at night because they remind me of popcorn - and I do not do popcorn.
My feeling is that they can be life preservers in a bag. During the weight loss phase, I’d try to use them in the afternoon when a person is more likely to be active and burn them off.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby kmr » January 13th, 2007, 7:53 pm

Thanks Nancy! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 13th, 2007, 10:16 pm

My Danger hours are 2-5pm (a lot of people's danger hours are at night, not me...mine's during the afternoon), so if I'm going to Soy crisp (or celery or SF Jello)...it's usually between my 3pm feeding and my 6pm one...

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2007, 10:43 pm

DeDe ~

It's good to know you figured out what works great for you. Sometimes having meals a bit closer together just prior to the Danger Time can be of value or using an Appetite Suppression shake prior to that time can prevent hunger break-through.

You will soon be there - awesome job!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DonicaB » January 14th, 2007, 7:30 am

Good thought Nancy~ I hadn't thought of using the Appetite Suppressent shakes during my trouble times. :dooh: It seems so simple now.

DeDe~ my danger hours are the same time as your. Night time is usually not a problem for me. Partly because I don't sleep well on a heavy stomach. Maybe I should say a full stomach because my stomach is definitely already HEAVY! :huh:

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.