Question for the veterans.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question for the veterans.

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 10:14 am

WATER....How important is drinking water in your weight loss. Do you think it really makes a difference whether you drink water or say artificially sweetened iced tea or diet soda? I drink probably 64 oz tea and about the same in caffeine free diet soda. I am getting fluids in. I do not feel like drinking water right now. I feel the above mentioned drinks help me stay on track.
Opinions and experience please.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 27th, 2006, 10:46 am

water is crucial. drinking water does not aid weight loss-- but not drinking water can slow it. water flushes out your system, and keeps you hydrated-- which prevents water retention.

diet sodas and teas do count towards your water intake, but if they are not decaffinated, you are actually working against yourself. the rule of thumb is that for every 8oz of a caffinated drink you have, you should drink 16oz of plain water. either way, you should have at least 32oz of plain water a day. also, be careful about what artificial sweeteners are used; aspartame has been proven to slow weight loss in many people.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby supermom » August 27th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Yes it does. I know from experience. It DEFINITELY makes a HUGE difference!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 27th, 2006, 1:59 pm

I agree...it makes a HUGE diff. I havent been drinking my normal water the past week and I can tell a diff!! I am so back in the water game today though..now that I can actually swallow without cringing again :|
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:23 pm

I'm actually going to be the voice of dissent, here. I have discovered that diet soda, coffee, tea, crystal light, etc. do not prevent ME from losing weight. However, I know for many people it does.

In fact, even the Insitute of Medicine recently released information from their research indicating that diet cola, coffee, and tea (caffeinated or non-caffeinated) does count toward daily hydration goals.

Unadulterated water is the best choice, but I just detest the stuff. I have gotten better since I've been on MF, though. I used to drink zero water, literally for years, but now I'm able to get in at least two water bottles per day (32 oz). My MF journey is all about getting healthy so I'm trying to incorporate healthy behaviors into my day, whether I like it or not.

See how YOUR body reacts. Really try to drink as much water as possible, but don't beat yourself up if you have a diet soda or crystal light. Just MHO.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss