A question of concern.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A question of concern.

Postby Maggie » December 23rd, 2003, 6:45 am

Has anyone heard from Nancy or Terry or Unca Tim? I Know this is a diffucult time for Nancy with her father being sick. I really miss their comments and encouragement. I wish them well as I do each and every one of you. Have a Merry Christmas. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: A question of concern.

Postby explorthis » December 23rd, 2003, 9:14 am

Maggie wrote:Has anyone heard from Nancy or Terry or Unca Tim?

I email back and forth with him on a semi frequent basis, and this was his last response from 12/16:

Hi Mike,
Good to hear from you. I've been kinda expecting your email.
Thanks for your concern about the board. I am peeking in on it daily and understand your point. At the moment, when Nancy isn't at the hospital, she's staying with her mom. She's totally consumed with that, and I completely understand her, as I lost both my folks a couple years ago. I keep expecting her back any day, but things have continued to drag on. It's very unusual for her, as she's a very caring and professional person, but i know what facing the inevitable with our parents can do to our lives.

Thats it...

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: A question of concern.

Postby explorthis » December 23rd, 2003, 9:25 am

explorthis wrote:I email back and forth with him

Sorry, him being Tim.. (Unca Tim)

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Unca_Tim » January 2nd, 2004, 11:59 pm

Hi Maggie,
Thanks for the concern. We're almost back....:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Concern

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 12:19 pm

Hi, Maggie ~

It’s moi. I am alive and reasonably well. Thanks for missing me. :lol: I must also say a big honkin’ THANK YOU to Unca for answering posts and keeping people informed of my whereabouts.

Mike, I appreciate you for also chiming in and telling about our situation. You're the best!

This has been killing me to not be able to know how you are all doing!!! Gosh, I feel like you are part of my family. Unca has been telling me what’s going on when I have the privilege of occasionally coming in the back door. I have been exhausted when I get home. I go from the college to see my Daddy and then drive home to Vancouver, drop into bed and get up at 5 AM and start all over again the next day.

My Daddy just doesn’t want me to leave him so sometimes I am with him until after 10 PM.

He is doing much better but it is rather shocking to awake from a drug-induced deep sleep to discover that you’ve been “out” for six weeks. He is coming to grips with the fact that he had a major heart attack. He thought that he had been in a bad accident, had totaled his truck and was recovering from the accident! Then he thought that he was dying and he kept telling me that “a man likes to have his family members with him as he dies.” Now he realizes he is getting well and that he WILL get well. Yeah, God!

He is still on oxygen, is able to walk with assistance a short distance each day and fatigues very easily.

It has been good for me to be at the hospital and in the care center these last two months. It has solidified my resolve to help spread the word to others: we NEED to make some nutritional changes in our diets or we will end up in the hospital with a heart attack, with by-pass surgery or a trip to the morgue!

Many diseases are preventable with good nutritional intervention. Medifast is the best product available. The time is right to make some healthy changes. We can do it and we can do it together.

I am amazed at how many nurses and health providers are overweight! After watching them, I know that they are so busy that they don’t take time to eat properly. That’s the beauty of Medifast – just rip off the top of a packet, pour it into a cup of water, shake it up, drink it down and be powered up for another three hours!

Keep on keepin’ on, Friends. Christmas and New Years were just one day each, we have a whole year ahead of us to enjoy. If ya got off the wagon, you can climb back on. We’re here to lend a hand and give ya a boost up. I know that I need the accountability that you all provide. I have some days of shakes only ahead of me. :shock: Too many pieces of fudge and home made cinnamon rolls have made my leather pants a bit snug. :oops: Not to worry, Medifast is here!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby star85 » January 8th, 2004, 2:35 pm

Nancy,
I'm glad to hear your father is getting better. I agree with you 100% about what you said in your above post. I am a registered nurse who's specialty is open heart surgery. I have been on the Medifast for 8 days. I cheated on the 5th day, so actually this would be my 3rd day now. You were away during the time I started, but Mike, Maggie & Jeannette to name a few helped get me back on course when I really needed it. Great bunch of people! Well it's nice to meet you. I'll keep you posted with my progress. Your before and after pictures are amazing! They are one of the reasons I decided to start Medifast. That and this great forum. I tried to get into the new Studio forum, but it said Moderators Only. Will we be able to eventually have access to it? I hope so.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 8th, 2004, 2:40 pm

Hi Kelyn,
Sorry, i had the door locked on the "Studio". It's fixed now...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 3:29 pm

Hi, Kelyn ~

Welcome!

We'll appreciate your insight. As a registered nurse you will be a great resource for folks that write in.

Those first few days can be killer. :x

I always tell folks I was so hungry I was ready to lick my desk and have a bite of the neighbor cat's bowl of crunchies... :tongue:

It gets better.

Eventually.

Isn't Unca the greatest? He's right there on the spot if ya have tekkie questions. :puter:

FYI He lives right here with us so he knows this stuff.

Gosh, he's an Insider and he can tell ya all ya ever want to know about moi. Scary!!! :redhead: :redhead:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss