Question about "grazing"

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question about "grazing"

Postby rodeomom » October 12th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Well, I suppose that title will attract some looks. Ok, here's the deal....

I am a vendor at craft shows on Saturdays and my normal routine would be to stop at Mc D's for a BEC Bagel on the way then stop in at the food booth/bake sale several times while I am there. The last show I was at, I was able to resist the tempations even though I was right in front of the bake sale table. Everytime someone would walk by me with a cookie, cake, pie etc I would have a major craving to eat something - this got to the point of being miserable. I was way past gum helping. So I had a thought.

How bad would it be if I took some oatmeal that I made into granola or a chopped up bar and kinda just grazed on it throughout the day in order to satisfy those cravings? I would count it as a meal, but not eat it all at one time, just munch on it when I felt the desire to head to the bake sale.

Opinions???? Thoughts????? Suggestions???? (Other than gum, because I did that at the other show and it barely got me through)
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mickeyz » October 12th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Sounds better than being miserable! And it is only for one day. I can't see that it would do any damage.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 12th, 2007, 5:36 pm

I've heard of people cutting up the bars to use like that - - anything is better than heading for the bake sale!!!

I've been just the oposite, its odd. I have enjoyed the smells of food without it triggering a craving. I think its because I am satisfied - I am almost always full.

I'd say give it a try and see how it goes!

GL!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby alpha femme » October 13th, 2007, 4:29 pm

grazing, while it seems harmless at first, keeps you from learning to eat for fuel-- not because you want to. after you avoid temptation for a week or two, it will not be a big deal anymore. if you graze (even on mf product), eventually, you will want to graze in other pastures (hot, deep-fried pastures).

avoid grazing.

learn to eat when meals are scheduled.

maybe you could eat every 2hrs & 15 minutes (from the time you end your last meal). this would be a good way to teach yourself that you don't need to eat just because you want to.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 13th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, that's a very good point!!! I personally haven't found the need to snack or graze yet, however, I hadn't thought of grazing like this. Thanks for the insightful post!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Mike » October 13th, 2007, 9:30 pm

Di and I do fairs and shows periodically. We just bring a little rolling ice chest with us with RTD's, water and sodas. We also have a bar and soy crisps along with us.

When we get "tempted" we drink more water, have a SF mint or SF Icebreaker. At the right time we have our medimeal and focus on why we are there (to help others get healthy).

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.