Pumpkin Pie Recipes

Add your favorite recipes.

Pumpkin Pie Recipes

Postby Nancy » November 18th, 2008, 10:40 am

:wave: Howdy and Happy Pre-Thanksgiving, MakeMeThinner Peeps ~

I was digging around in my recipe file and wanted to share some seasonal recipes with you. I recall when I was on the weightloss phase of the program and was faced with shopping for and preparing two Thanksgiving Feasts - one for our church and one for our family. :shock: That meant that I'd be touching a lot of food :bricks: ...I smeared Vick's Vap-o-rub under my nose and set about the baking process; hoping the menthol vapors would fool my nostrils and keep me from wanting to taste-test the desserts! :mrgreen:

I drank a :buddies: liter of San Pellegrino while baking pies and managed to escape the kitchen without one single taste or lick of a temporarily forbidden no-no!

Keeping my hands busy, focusing on family and friends, staying out of the line of sight of desserts and drinking hot water or slurping down bottles of water plus reciting my mantra, "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels" kept me on the straight and narrower path.

It wasn’t easy but I am so glad that I stuck to my program; I know how hard it can be to go off-program and then try to get back on the Medi-wagon. When I keep my hands and mind busy, I am less likely to gnosh. How about you? :shades:

Thanksgiving is one day, not a week-long food fest. I realized that if I truly wanted to reach my goal weight, I would need to change my attitude towards food. I determined that the next time Thanksgiving rolled around, I would have what I wanted and this was a temporary situation; I was delaying the good (food) for what was the better thing - my health.

Here I am, six years later and so very :yes: thankful for my improved health and sense of well-being. Oh, I would truly love to devour a quarter of a pecan pie and a big slab of pumpkin pie with creamy vanilla bean ice cream but the time required in the gym to burn off the pile of calories isn't worth it to me! I'll have a sliver of pecan, thank you very much and pass on the ice cream; I shall choose to be very satisfied. I’ll hike up the hill near our home for an afternoon walk to burn off the calories…

Here are some recipes you may enjoy

Program-Legal Pumpkin Pie

Pie Filling:
1 packet Medifast Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
5 oz water
¼ + teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (Adjust to suit your taste)
3 packets Splenda (or less, adjust to suit your taste)

Optional: 1 packet MultiGrain Crackers and Fat Free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip

Directions:
Mix Oatmeal, water, Pumpkin Pie spice and Splenda together.

Microwave on high 2 minutes, stir part-way through the cooking process
Stir thickened mixture.

Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.

Optional Crust: Use 1 packet of MultiGrain crackers to dip into the ‘Pumpkin Pie Filling’ or crush 1 packet of MultiGrain crackers, lightly spray small plate with buttery flavor spray, press crushed crackers into the plate, bake for a few minutes to get it toasty. Spread Pumpkin Pie filling onto the cracker crust. Garnish with a squirt of a small amount of Redi-Whip Whipping Cream or a little blob of Fat Free Cool Whip.
(Adjust the spices as needed. I like 1 packet of Splenda, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.)

Pumpkin Bread

1 packet of Peach or Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Capella Pumpkin flavor drops
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Enough water to make a thick batter

Mix and drop on Pam-sprayed cookie sheet.

With wet fingers, spread into a bread-slice shape. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 12 minutes

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

1 packet Medifast Chai Latte
1 ½ Tbsp. Jell-O Sugar-Free Vanilla Cook and Serve Pudding (dry mix)
½ packet (1 full tsp) Knox Unflavored Gelatin
3 oz. Hot water
3 oz. Cold water
2 Ice cubes
Directions:
Combine Chai Latte & dry pudding mix in a small container. Set aside.

Stir gelatin into hot water. Let soften 3-4 minutes; then stir until clear. Add cold water and stir again. Process gelatin mixture, dry ingredients in blender until thoroughly combined. Add ice cubes one at time until mixture begins to thicken. Pour into bowl. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.

Pie Crust: 1 packet finely crushed Medifast MultiGrain Crackers, place in bottom of bowl.
Once the Chai Latte mixture is set, spoon over the crust.
Top with Fat Free Whipped Topping.

Have a blessed day with your family!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Gwenski » November 18th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Nancy's recipes ALWAYS completely rock! I do the pumpkin pie one all the time....especially on crisp cool fall days. Something about just smelling those pie spices is actually enough for me.

Try these before T-day to make sure you like them!

YUMMY!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » November 18th, 2008, 11:30 pm

:byebye: Hiya, Gwenski ~

Glad to see you!

I love Pumpkin Pie Spice added to the Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal along with a hefty shake of Cinnabon Cinnamon - it tastes great and the smell wafting upward into one's nasies makes it a dining pleasure - happy breakfast!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine