Presidential election

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Presidential election

Postby Serendipity » February 18th, 2007, 5:13 am

I definately don't want to start a political discussion here, but is anyone else sick of the presidential election coverage already???????? :x
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 18th, 2007, 5:16 am

I live in DC, what do you think? I am so glad I don't go to bars anymore where the political talk is non-stop. No wonder I had to get so drunk!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Presidential election

Postby Joelie » February 18th, 2007, 8:23 am

Serendipity wrote:I definately don't want to start a political discussion here, but is anyone else sick of the presidential election coverage already???????? :x

I'm always sick of them.
Been sick of them since my voting rights were revoked years ago for being in the US illegally, unbeknownst to me. Since then I've had a bit of a chip on my shoulder towards any election. :roll:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » February 19th, 2007, 7:29 am

I'm not sure I understand in the US Illegaly? Where did you come from? I'm young and don't care to get in all the political DRAMA! I just vote whoever isn't popular when it comes to election!
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Joelie » February 19th, 2007, 7:11 pm

I'm a citizen of Norway. I have been in the states since 2 years of age though. It's a really long drug out story...I'll give you the short version. ;)

Like I said...born in Norway.
Moved to the states with my mother and step-father 2 years later. My mother passed away when I was 10 years of age. Before her passing she was going through the process of becoming naturalized, which would have automatically included myself once completed. All we can figure is that she found out she was terminal right smack dab in the middle of the process and stopped, not realizing the negative impact it would have on my life, I'm sure.

Lots of inbetween stuff.

I go on with life. Age 18 I get my voters registration card...etc etc. At age 22 I find out I am not here legally (by legally I mean I was not a citizen nor did I have a resident alien registry on file)...new employment laws... and had to go through the ringer to become a "permanant" resident alien. My voters rights were revoked because of it, I was threatened of being sent back to Noway...even though by that point in my life I had been adopted by a US citizen, married at the time and had just had my 2nd child. :roll: LOL! I should write a book! :lol:

Anyway...it all rubbed me the wrong way, so I lost interest, yadda yadda.
I'm so used to it now though I kinda like being an alien. Image

Well...I TRIED to keep it short. ;) :lol:
Joelie

Return to What's Shakin'