Is it polite to ask?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Is it polite to ask?

Postby Honey Child » January 24th, 2007, 9:37 am

I know that everyone loses weight at a different pace & that you can't gage your weight loss by others.......

But I am really wondering what most of you generally average per week?
I have my first week weigh in this Saturday and am hoping for at least a 3lb loss. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
SW: 188.0 - 1/20/07
January - 7.2 lost!
February - 7 lost!
March - 7.4 lost!
April - 1.6 lost so far!
Honey Child
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 24th, 2007, 9:51 am

Check the Sunday roll calls.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lucy » January 24th, 2007, 9:51 am

I hate to say it, but you will find those who are 100 percent compliant losing 2 per week, and others 5 per week...try and I say try cause it's hard, instead of saying I want to lose x amount by next week , say I will comply this week.. If you will do the program you will lose. You want to lose right? This will work for you, big numbers are hot but ANY loss is a loss and while it may not be all you wanted to lose, be happy you don't have to lose it again.

I lost 11 lbs week 1, this week I will be just as happy losing 1 lb...it's the no movement that I fear, but that happens too, talk to Dede, queen of the patient plateau.

Numbers can let you down...comply sister, comply....but should your scale happen to be difficult, call 1800GUIDO, the scale buster :lol:

Shake shake shake
shake shake shake
shake your booty gone
shake your booty gone
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2007, 9:57 am

Lucy wrote:I hate to say it, but you will find those who are 100 percent compliant losing 2 per week, and others 5 per week...try and I say try cause it's hard, instead of saying I want to lose x amount by next week , say I will comply this week.. If you will do the program you will lose. You want to lose right? This will work for you, big numbers are hot but ANY loss is a loss and while it may not be all you wanted to lose, be happy you don't have to lose it again.

I lost 11 lbs week 1, this week I will be just as happy losing 1 lb...it's the no movement that I fear, but that happens too, talk to Dede, queen of the patient plateau.

Numbers can let you down...comply sister, comply....but should your scale happen to be difficult, call 1800GUIDO, the scale buster :lol:

Shake shake shake
shake shake shake
shake your booty gone
shake your booty gone

Then comply I shall!!!! Thanks!!! :-P :-P :-P :-P

Postby Jan » January 24th, 2007, 7:06 pm

Weight loss is dependent upon lots of things and remember it's not linear. Very seldom do we part with exactly the same amount each week.... some weeks a bit more ... some weeks less.
Ok here's some things that can affect weight loss. First of all the amount you have to lose. The more you have the more you'll part with the first week. We burn fat not muscle . Body composition is next ... some of us have more muscle .. some less. Muscle burns calories. Water affects weight loss... if you don't drink enough .. you won't lose as fast. There are lots of other things too .. lack of sleep .. stress etc. I guess the bottom line is this .. if you are very very compliant on program, and drink allll your water you can be sure you are parting with the pounds in the safest and faster manner for you. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby sydney_gavin » January 24th, 2007, 7:26 pm

There is also another big actor in the weekly weight - SALT. 2 grms of salt can hold onto up to 2-3 pints of water depending on the potassium levels.

If you have had a salty boullion drink or anything else which is massivel salty (soda water for example) then the old body hangs onto a massive pound and a quarter for each pint of extra water.

You might think you haven'tlost anything when in fact you have lot fat but the water is showing you as heavier.

A body fat scale like Tanita is a good way to show if youy are losing fat when the scales don't show a loss.

Kind regards

Gavin

Act as if it all depended on you; pray as if it all depended on God.
sydney_gavin
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby MerryMary » January 25th, 2007, 6:07 pm

sydney_gavin wrote:There is also another big actor in the weekly weight - SALT. 2 grms of salt can hold onto up to 2-3 pints of water depending on the potassium levels.

If you have had a salty boullion drink or anything else which is massivel salty (soda water for example) then the old body hangs onto a massive pound and a quarter for each pint of extra water.
Gavin

Wow! I've been adding salt to the soups/stew. I'm kind of a salt-a-holic you might say. :oops: I think I am going to abstain from the added salt for several days and see what happens ...

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ladyhawke » January 26th, 2007, 4:44 am

Yep, we are not supposed to add salt...try Mrs.Dash..love that stuff.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 26th, 2007, 5:15 am

I always added salt as needed. You can use other things, but sometimes a little S&P is all it takes.....the beef stew is a great example of that.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 26th, 2007, 6:20 am

Yep, I add salt too. The salt thing is another thing that people react differently too. If you're prone to retaining water, salt is a culprit. I've always been fortunate that salt does not affect me that way. I only tend to retain water around that time o da month!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2007, 10:28 pm

Sydney_Gavin, I had to :roflmao: crack up when you mentioned water retention and Tanita scales...I didn't realize what our grandson did yesterday when he was doinking around with our bathroom scales.

He is 19 months old and his Mum is preggers and concerned about weight gain. She leaps on the scale daily and he sees her doing so. Yesterday he was spending the day at our home and while I was in the WC, Nick stood on the scale, pushed the buttons and did all the things curious and curiouser little people do.

This morning when my husband got on the scale, he said, "oh no! I shrunk and I weigh something :nana: weird - like really weird, Nance. I weigh 11 something!"

:shock: I got on, Gulp! I weighed 9 something. I got down on my hands and knees and peered at the numbers up-close and personal like. We weighed in 'st' and 'pd' Hah! We were metric! We got weighed in stones and pounds!

Nick pushed the buttons, reduced Terry's height by an inch and switched us from pounds to stones.

I rather like weighing 9 something! :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » February 3rd, 2007, 11:15 pm

Thats even better than saying your weight on the moon. You only divide by 6 for the moon. In stone you divide by 14.
Ahhh, those Brits might have something there.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2007, 9:42 pm

Ooh, Mike - I think we've got somethin' here...maybe anti-gravity scales! :bounce:

I love your sense of humour (note the British spelling) and I look forward to seeing you in the Thin next weekend.

:roflmao:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » February 4th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Just 5 more sleeps. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Sojourner » February 5th, 2007, 1:19 pm

Mike wrote:Just 5 more sleeps. ;)

HA! Mike, that's what my 5-year-old nephew always says!
Thanks for the smile! :D
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.