pinkbugs471

1 Thread per registered User.

pinkbugs471

Postby pinkbugs471 » January 20th, 2007, 12:12 pm

I should have done this a long time ago, but better late that never. Been on Medifast since November 15 2006.

Be warned, I do ramble.

My name is Marci. I am soon to be 48 years old, married to my high school sweetheart for 30 years this July. We have 2 sons, ages 24 & 21.

I have tried to remember the last time that I felt comfortable in my own skin. It must have been when I was in my teens. I weighed around 130 lbs. The begining of my weight issues began gradualy. I was the type of person that would gain 5 or 6 pounds a year, and not really notice. Since I am tall ( 5'8" ) I can gain or loose 20 lbs. and still fit in the same clothes. Well, then I got pregnant with my first son. It was great. I was healthy, and gained 28lbs. After he was born I had no idea how to loose the weight. My mother was overweight her entire life. She was on every diet there was. I started to follow that path, trying every "new" program that came around. Nothing worked for me. I now know it is because I need to change my entire way of thinkning about food. After many tries, I just settled for being comfortable weiging around 165. I got pregnant again. This time, at term I was over 200. I remember seeing my reflection in the window, and crying my eyes out because I was fat. That was 21 years ago. Since then I have been on the diet merry-go-round. I would drop 10, gain 15. Drop 30, gain it back.. We all know how that feels. At my highest I was 225

So, here I am now still carring "baby" weight from 21 years ago. As I have gotten closer to the big 5-0 I realize that there are so many things I want to do. So many things I need to accomplish. Being healthy is number 1 on the list. I consider myself lucky that I have no health issues
(knock on wood) with the exception of a thyroid condition. I know that it is up to me to keep it that way. Getting control of my weight is the forst step to making ure that I am around to someday see my grandchildren.( both boys are still single).

I am tired of my knees hurting, or being out of breath from walking up the stairs. I want to go shopping for clothes, and buy somethin I really like, not something that 'just fits ok"

I have found the strength that I need here with everyone. There is not a person here who has not walked in my shoes. After two months, everyone here feels like family. we are all here to help each other along the way.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lucy » January 20th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Welcome Rambling Marci...we all ramble, so you are in the right place, you are well on your way, but if you need us ask!
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

1/21/2007

Postby pinkbugs471 » January 21st, 2007, 5:57 am

OK. So here os where I usually get discouraged and give up. My weight loss has slowed and I am not seeing "big" losses like in the early days.

I have been 100% compliant and it gets a little dishearting when the scale does not move.

So here is my plan for the week. Be 100% every day.
Increase my water.
Increase my exercise to 30 inutes a day.
I will not give up.
This is for me.!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 21st, 2007, 6:45 am

Patience and compliance. It WILL happen.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 21st, 2007, 11:30 am

Hey, there. It took me 25 years to lose my baby fat. Better late than never. :mrgreen:

And don't fret about the slow down. It will come off if you stay compliant.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to My Journal