Perimenopausal and on MF

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Perimenopausal and on MF

Postby Joy » September 2nd, 2007, 5:30 pm

I am curious if there are other women who are 40ish + years old going through perimenopause?

I have irratic weight loss due to water retention two weeks prior to TOM - 2 weeks of PMS, bloating and tenderness.

Just curious about other's results? Some times it just helps to know I am not the only one.

regards,
sfjoy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » September 2nd, 2007, 11:40 pm

Hiya, Joy. Welcome to the club, girlfriend!

My doctor declared me perimenopausal at least 4 years ago. I can SOOO relate to all the symptoms you mentions. I haven't really thought about it, but I do think overall the symptoms aren't as bad as they used to be. I do know that the 3-day knock-down-drag-out migraine I used to get with my cycle has gone away.

There are still times I struggle with the whole water thing, moodiness, tenderness, etc. But they seem to be worse when I'm not completely on program, or when I choose more chocolaty things on plan.

A friend of mine has tried the women's health shakes and seems to really like the results. (I'm using the joint health shakes and it says not to do more than one type of specialty shakes at a time.) In addition to the soy, they've got black cohash (sp?) and other good stuff in them just for women like us!

But, yes, know that you aren't alone -- not by a long shot!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Joy » September 16th, 2007, 2:35 pm

I am on my third month on the pill and my weight is down just 25lbs now. My symptoms are so much less this last TOM. I hope to have even better news to post next month.

Things have been slowly getting better and better.
Joy

Postby Joy » January 20th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Things just keep getting better as I loose weight!

I am still working on bloating/swelling, some moodiness and sleep issues, but this is a hill compared to the mountain of issues I had before which truly consumed two weeks of every month.

It just shows how effective our bodies can function when they are not over stressed by extra weight. I am off cholesterol meds and diabetes meds also. Soon HB meds too.

I wish for every woman to feel exhilarated and grateful for her womanhood rather than cursed like I have for the last three years!
Joy

Postby Unca_Tim » January 20th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Hi Joy,
Glad you're enjoying the benefits of your new journey.
Sometimes we dewl too much on the numbers and forget about the most important aspect of working on our health.

To your health..... :cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Women's Health