Peach Tea and Cranberry Mango drink taste the same?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Peach Tea and Cranberry Mango drink taste the same?

Postby ascicles » July 22nd, 2006, 10:08 am

I bought a box of each of these to test them out...and they taste almost identical. Has anyone else noticed this?

The taste isn't horrible, and I may try them again, but I was hoping for TWO new drinks to try out.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mike » July 22nd, 2006, 12:35 pm

Me, personally, I wasn't fond of the cranberry mango. I prefer the tropical punch. But Di really likes the cran-mango with seltzer water and ice, blended. :D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » July 22nd, 2006, 2:32 pm

I've also pulled a packet of Tropical Punch out of the box only to end up with Raspberry iced tea.

...as posted in Lean Cuisine. Maybe a similar problem?
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 22nd, 2006, 2:51 pm

There was a recent thread about possible quality control issues at the plant. Maybe, you should try them once more just to see if a mistake was made, as Amber mentioned. There were problems with the maple oatmeal, some of my packets have been half full. As Amber mentioned, packets in the wrong box. Give it another try to be sure. Hope it works out for you, Manly.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » July 22nd, 2006, 4:18 pm

I've never had the teas, but I really did not like the cran mango. So, I hope that the tea is not similar. I was thinking of getting some to bring to work once school starts up again. I was hoping it tastes like, well...iced tea.

I can deal with the fruit punch, but I don't know if I can do creamy ice tea.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 22nd, 2006, 5:22 pm

My dh drinks the teas and the cranberry mango drinks... I don't care for them... I thought they tasted similar, but it may just be that I didn't like them. everything is such a personal preference. He loves maple brown sugar oatmeal and it makes me gag.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TheShadow » July 24th, 2006, 8:09 am

I thought that the cranberry mango was really sucky. It didn't taste or look like cranberry at all and it was basically a light peach color. What's up with that??? And it was totally bland almost. I hope they get these quality issues worked out. I've had some really bad maple oatmeal and the pudding is not consistent in the amount of powder in the packet. I always add 1/2 cup water and sometimes I end up with chocolate soup and sometimes with chocolate spackle.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ascicles » July 25th, 2006, 8:59 am

TheShadow wrote:I thought that the cranberry mango was really sucky. It didn't taste or look like cranberry at all and it was basically a light peach color. What's up with that??? And it was totally bland almost.

Yeah, the mango was there, but where is the cranberry? I was hoping for something with a little "bite" to it, since cranberries are a more acidic fruit...but it just tasted ultra sweet.

Please medifast, make some drinks that aren't so sweet. PLEASE.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby TheShadow » July 26th, 2006, 1:11 pm

The tropical punch is REALLY sweet, so I water it down severely. I used up my cran-mango by making it with watered down pink grapefruit crystal lite. That added a little bite. I'm going to check into the diet ocean spray cranberry and see how many calories are in that. Am I the only one that thinks crystal lite is too sweet and needs to be watered down some???
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SPMUSTANG » July 30th, 2006, 9:50 pm

I mixed up the tea and physically gagged. Thick creamy iced tea is wrong on just so many levels.....
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2006, 9:55 pm

No, you're not alone, Shadow. I find Crystal Light too sweet, too. I only drink it when I'm sick with a cold and can't taste anything.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss