PCOS question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

PCOS question

Postby upheldwill » February 15th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Hi,
I posted an introduction in another section but thought maybe I would ask here and see if anyone can comment...
I was wondering if any ladies on Medifast have seen improvement in their PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)? If so could you share with me? I have it very bad and so want to be healthy. I am on metformin and also progesterone cream...now if I could get the weight under control, I am a bit over 300lbs. i just ordered MF last night so I really hope it can help me get well.
I would so appreciate any input :)
~Michelle~
upheldwill

Postby Nicki » February 15th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Hey Michelle - Welcome aboard! I've was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago, but honestly the associated conditions never bothered me very much. Typically, I had cycles 4 to 5 times a year, but since I started Medifasting I've become totally regular, for the first time ever I think. Otherwise, I had some melasma that has subsided. I have some excess facial hair that I think is more related to genetics than the PCOS, but that's just my opinion, and I haven't noticed any difference there. I still have to pluck and wax as much as always, darn it! :lol: I haven't had my hormones checked in a while, but I would be very surprised if they haven't leveled out quite a bit since losing weight releases estrogen stored in fat cells combined with my now normal monthlies, it should bring it back more in line with my testosterone. I should probably get them checked soon, just so I'll have an update! Although I'm not currently taking Metformin my losses have been great ... 73 pounds in 5 months. I know there are some other of our "cysters" here that may chime in. In the meantime, your making a great choice to improve your health. Many well wishes as you begin this journey to a new you!! I look forward to seeing your posts.
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to The Weight Room