St. Patrick's Day

Add your favorite recipes.

St. Patrick's Day

Postby ToyDiva » March 16th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Now I know that corned beef is a definite no no. Cabbage is ok. So does anyone have any ideas to help me replace the boiled dinner I make every year on St. Patrick's Day. I have never used cabbage accept for that g-d awful cabbage soup diet and when I boiled it for boiled dinner so I could use some tips there as well.

Thanks in advance!!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 17th, 2006, 6:44 am

I am not sure about this cause I have never checked it but you might want to stop by the deli and see if possibly they have a leaner corned beef there. Just ask to see the nutritional info and they will show it to you. Other than that I have no clue what you could do. Cabbage though is one of my favorite veggies I absolutely loved it boiled with some Goya ham flavored bouillon!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby saraak » March 17th, 2006, 9:27 am

Have you thought of replacing the corned beef with some lean cure 81 ham. I eat that with cabbage a lot and it's so yummy!!
saraak

Postby saraak » March 17th, 2006, 9:34 am

Oh and the cabbage. I spray the pan with olive oil pam spray, cut up some onions and sautee those for a few minutes. Then cut up the cabbage and put in big pot with a lid. Leave about 1/2 c water in and continue adding it so it's like steaming the cabbage. When its just about done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Yum! I had this last night as a matter of fact. :mrgreen:
saraak

Return to Lean Cuisine