Outer Banks

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Outer Banks

Postby GucciGoo » February 2nd, 2007, 10:37 am

We are visiting the Outer Banks in early September. We have never been there before. Does anyone have any tips about the different towns? Recommendations for dinner, activities, etc?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 2nd, 2007, 2:13 pm

I have a friend who's been there several times, but I'm not sure when I'll talk with her next. But I do know she's always had a great time, and it makes her want to move there! Hope you can get some ideas.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 2nd, 2007, 2:26 pm

We go there every year and rent a house on the beach.

1. The further north you go the nicer it is. Duck is nice and the house we have is nice, but if you go to Corolla, most of the houses are huge and new....more expensive, too, though.

2. There are lots of places to eat, but depending where you stay, you could drive a bit to get there. You should eat at Awful Arthurs at least once. It's odd, but the further north you go the less food there is.

3. September is a great time to go because kids are back in school. You pretty much have your own private beach after the end of August.

4. Get beach front if you can afford it. It's so nice to wake up to the waves splashing on the beach.

5. There are some very nice boutiques and galleries.....great shopping. There's one place in particular I can point you to if I can just remember the name......I spent lotsa dough there.....I'll think of it. Everything's on sale in September, too!

6. There are some great food speciality stores, too. You can get fresh seafood (0f course), but you can also get prime meat and great cheeses, etc.

I love going there, how cruel for you to make me think of it when we're having a blizzard outside. :x
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » February 2nd, 2007, 4:08 pm

Oh man, now I want to go, Jo!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby GucciGoo » February 16th, 2007, 11:34 am

Jo- we are staying in Rodanthe. I want to be in the middle so it's not too far to travel north or south. We got a 6 BR beachfront house. It is gorgeous :)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to What's Shakin'