Our New Look!

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Which site is better?

Current
13%
New Green
33%
New Blue
53%

Total votes : 15

Postby Carrie » July 15th, 2004, 5:31 am

Dern! I was hoping our little faux pas would go unnoticed by Unca........ ummmm, Unca ....... ummmmmmmmm, better late than never????????
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 15th, 2004, 6:20 am

Nuthin' gets by Unca, nuthin' at all...he's every where...well, 'cept for right now, he's sleepin' in until 7 am - he'll get bedsores! :shock:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

What if you are a color blind electrician?

Postby scubaduber » April 18th, 2005, 12:04 am

With all of the colors of the spectrum, it's always hard to pick. Some like the greens, some the blues, while some are happy with black and white. Then there are those who always seem to just see red! So, if you're a bull, go with red. If you are a dog, better stick with shades of gray. If you are blue/green color blind, don't even try. Finally, if you are any of the above, don't become an electrician!
scubaduber

Oh, just one more thing...

Postby scubaduber » April 18th, 2005, 12:11 am

A tiny bit off the subject, but funny anyway. Did you ever notice that on any TV action show, or suspense movie, that when a bomb needs to be de-activated just before it blows? Well take a look. Almost every time I have ever seen one of those, and the hero is called in to save the day by deactivating the bomb, did you notice they always cut the blue wire?

So that must say that there is an international standard all bomb makers must adhere to: Always provide a blue wire that the hero can cut so the bomb doesn't blow!

In real life, of course, all the wires are probably the same color!
scubaduber

Postby Nancy » April 18th, 2005, 12:46 am

:roll: Nope, Scubaduber, can't say that I ever noticed that before...

re:
the hero is called in to save the day by deactivating the bomb, did you notice they always cut the blue wire?

:o All I know is this, in the battle of the bulk,
to deactivate the blobbage,
I always rip the top off my Medifast packet before I dump it into the shaker jar! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » April 18th, 2005, 4:49 am

Nancy wrote: :o All I know is this, in the battle of the bulk,
to deactivate the blobbage,
I always rip the top off my Medifast packet before I dump it into the shaker jar! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roflmao: :roflmao:

........that was wicked funny......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 18th, 2005, 7:10 am

Nancy wrote:I always rip the top off my Medifast packet before I dump it into the shaker jar! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh sure! NOW you tell me! I don't think this ripping off the top of the packet thing was in the instructions was it? I have been struggling all this time, trying to swallow a dampened shake packet surrounded by clear water. I nearly choked several times.

Do you think leaving the powder in the packet is causing the bland flavor of the shake? All the shakes tasted the same too.

Hmmmm.......I think I will try your method on the next shake Nancy. Rip off packet top.......dump powder in water.......shake........drink. I think I have it now.......

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 18th, 2005, 7:47 am

:yippee: Yeah!

:thumbsup: You've got it, Dean-oh!

:secret: Here's a teensy little Household Medihint:

When I am really :felix: strapped for time,

I fill my mouth with :water: water, suck in the packet of shake mix and then while I am :bouncie: hopping on one leg trying to struggle and wiggle into my fanny hose,

the hoppage automatically mixes the shake INSIDE my mouth.

When the waistband of my fanny hose is released from my death grip, the spandex snaps around my waist, the pressure automatically causes me to inhale and :point: I swaller.

:shades: Cool, eh?

Slurpage and dressage in one! :cateye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » April 18th, 2005, 7:53 am

:scratchhead: Hmm...

Perhaps my job description as client coach and sometimes drill sergeant is changing to jokester....
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Dean0408 » April 19th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Changing to jokester? You have been a jokester since I started reading this forum Nancy. Even your serious advice is sometimes put into a humorous format.

I LIKE IT!!

This world needs more humor (or as they say in Canada, humour)

Keep makin' us smile.......you have a gift, so use it!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 20th, 2005, 12:55 am

:lol: Thanks, Little Darlin' ~

Life is way too serious!

If I don't laugh loud and long at myself, someone else will...

You filled my tank tonight, Kid. I needed it. :mrgreen:

I am having a :x rough go of it. I have :twisted: chronic urticaria and take :twisted: Prednisone and fairly high doses of antihistamines for said same hinkiness.

Dosage is being adjusted. My :snooze: sleep patterns are affected, pain in my joints – esp. hands is out of this world and I haven’t been getting the snorage that I need and desire. :puter: Forum postings backing up, :hammerhead: inbox filling up, :bricks: desk papers stacking up, weeds in the neighbor’s yard thriving and crawling under the back fence…

THEN…my regular hairdresser was booked and I made a most :nana: irrational decision to try some place new Saturday afternoon on the recommendation of an acquaintance…

It was a :bounce: jumping joint, :redprowl: cars in the lot, people going in and out, etc. I thought, “Hmm…this must be all right!”

I saw a :kool: punky looking stylist and thought – cool!

She’ll know what I mean here….I said to the fur styler, “I get my fur trimmed every two weeks, three max. I do not like to look like I just got out of the chair; if anything, I prefer to be a bit on the long side rather than the short side as I could come back in a week, if needed.”

Hairstylist with freshly hennaed hair: “Oh, sure! I know just what you mean. You just want a bit off the edges then?”

Leopard Woman, wearing leopard print silky turtleneck shirt, wide leather belt, blue jeans, black leather vest and boots: “Yes! I want the scraggly pixie look on the side of my face here – I like the burnsides to come to my eartips. Use a razor and keep them wispy.”

Punky Fur styler person: “Gotcher! And this?” she said as she touched my neck furs…

Leopard Woman, rising up in the butcher/barber chair: “Please leave them just as they are, I love the little twirly way they live back there – do NOT remove them!”P

Punky Fur Styler: “Okay, will do.”

Well, she didn’t. :twisted:

She hauled out her buzzer, there must have been a size zero or a size one blade on that mechanical menace!

Leopard Woman now looks like one of those hairless Sphynx Cats…

I was :no: mortified when the Punky Fur styler whipped the chair around; I donned my rimless glasses and :shock: viewed my baldness in the mirror…

This may be the season for a daring short hair cut but I am feeling very :oops: emotionally puny right now.

I needed that little :mrgreen: smile bringer from you, Dean-oh.

Make a note of it: It is NOT recommended to try a new hair stylist on a rainy Saturday afternoon unless you hold on tight to your hair follicles. I look like Mr. Clean

Kiss kiss
:cateye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2005, 3:44 am

I try to avoid the salon on Saturdays anyway. They are too packed and stacked and I believe the tense atmosphere makes them rush through cuts and not listen. Sorry about your buzz cut.... :cry:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

new look

Postby Seaside » April 20th, 2005, 4:09 am

I love the green background color but the red font color is very jarring on the eyes. The yellow and black font colors are easier to read.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » April 20th, 2005, 6:05 am

Nancy, your stunning no matter how short your hair may be cut..You rock sister friend!!!!! :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Nancy.........i'm asking all of the heavenly mediangels...... :angel: ..... to take YOU....our earthly mediangel....... :yes: .... on their wings........straight up to the BIG GUY......although you know this is no secret.... :secret: ....He already knows how beautiful you are......but I'm sure He'll empathize with you as we all do.......... :hug: ....just think......... :hmmm: ...it could be worse...... :huh: ...imagine if you didn't live in Thinnieville..........and resided in Blubberville...........now i'd have to think........ :scratch: ..... that haircut may not be to appealing with a body 135 lbs heavier........ :no: ...........now as far as that prednisone.........so nasty....but needed........sending all my love
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Web Room