one of them days

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby DonicaB » April 22nd, 2005, 6:58 am

Donna, I would like to watch the Amazing Race but I try to limit myself to one reality show at a time. I have wanted to watch it but I always seem too busy to sit down and do it. Most of the time I have to tape Survivor.

It would be great if your hubby got on the next Survivor. I would actually know someone on the show. Then again, I don't really know your hubby at all. But at least I would kinda know someone.

I'm feeling a little happy today. Don't worry, I'm not drunk or on drugs. I think I am HIGH on life. I am really enjoying this being in control stuff. My DH almost fell over when I asked him if it was OK that we didn't go out to eat for my bday. I told him I just didn't want to chance messing this thing up. I figure I will have plenty of time later to go out to eat.

Good Job Christi on cuttin' the cheese. :roflmao:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 7:20 am

I liked your post Tumbleweed. Very inciteful. The responses were great too.

Take a look at your name on the left side of your posts.........look below it..........see that #40 Club? Now look at all the rest of our names......see any other #40 Clubs there? Me neither.....

You are DOING this..........and making great progress. The fact that you miss food so much makes your progress even more impressive.

Yep, I miss food too.........I miss eating large quantities of all those favorites we have come to know and love. I miss weekend BBQ's with my friends, stuffing ourselves and drinking lots and lots of beer. (remember that cook outs are a year round thing here in SoCal)

For those of us who really don't have an excuse for overeating, I guess we have to just fess up to the fact that we like to eat till we are absolutely stuffed. Stress or bad relationships or arguments or any other factor never really caused me to eat. I think I have eaten out of boredom though..............and if something I really , really liked was in the refrigerator, I may have eaten some of it when I wasn't even hungry at all.

I will eat again one day. Like Rae, I worry about overdoing it once I am on maintenance. I do want to have a good time once in a while without watching everything I put in my mouth during special occassions. I would imagine going out to a fun function once a week and having what I want would be okay...........so long as I watch what I eat the rest of the week and get my exercise in. If I can burn what I take in........I should maintain.

Anyhow, you have chosen the right path. Don't hide your cravings, address them by getting them out in the open. Once you openly state..........I WANT TO EAT STUFF!! BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO!!....then you have maintained control over your destiny regarding weight loss.

Don't let a rough day be your excuse for eating. "Oh, I really didn't want to eat.......but someone said something nasty to me today........so I just HAD to eat." That sounds like a poor excuse to me. If someone says something nasty........say something back. At the very least find a substitute for food in these situations. Go for a walk..........punch a pillow........do a cross word puzzle........or put together a jig saw puzzle.....read something educational..........go shopping.... ANYTHING but EAT!!! Eating is such a temporary fix..............so temporary that in order for it to be effective as a problem solver, we have to do it over and over and over. A nibble here, a bag of chips there, ........door bells ringing....pizza being delivered......and on and on.

I will be watching for that 40 Pound Club to evolve to the number 50!!

Have a great weekend!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 7:27 am

DonicaB wrote:
Good Job Christi on cuttin' the cheese. :roflmao:

I was wondering who did that!! :shock:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby raederle » April 22nd, 2005, 8:07 am

He who smelt it dealt it, Dino!!! :-P
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » April 22nd, 2005, 8:20 am

Hi Dean thanks for that! I am doing so much better today thats for sure! I woke up happy I stayed on plan yesterday and I opened my closet this morning and tried on clothes I have not fit into for a very long time, they are out of style but they fit! what a great feeling! and I feel more confident than ever today.
This is the cool thing too I have been in the 50 club for a couple weeks now and I am very near the 60 pound club, I mentioned it on the board when I hit the 50 but I didnt pm Unca to boot me up a notch, and since I am so close to the 60 pound mark I figured I would just wait and have it changed when I get there, maybe in another week or two, I have 6 pounds to go so probably in about two weeks I should be there.
This is definately the way to go to lose weight, it is coming off fast and I feel great. When I do reach my goal after about another 85 more pounds I will be a completely new person physically and I am working on the rest as well, I am working on becoming a better person inside too. I have lived my entire life worrying about and taking care of other people and its just so cool that finally I am starting to take care of myself.
I love reading your posts Dean you crack me up! :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 9:02 am

raederle wrote:He who smelt it dealt it, Dino!!! :-P

haha Rae.......but logically thinking......what are the odds that 20 people on an elevator simultaneously had the same explosive bodily function?......'cause you KNOW they ALL "smelt it"! :nutz:

Been there, smelled that...

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 9:06 am

WOOHOO Tumbleweed............I am even MORE impressed..........50 going on 60 pound club!!! You are a BIG loser.........way to go!

Usually, whatever is posted by members in the Sunday Morning Weigh In section each week is spotted by Unca and he changes your pound club accordingly.

Heck, if it was me........NO WAY would I skip over the 50 pound club waiting for 60. DO IT NOW!! Why not proudly show your progress? It is something to be proud of ya know!!

Send Unca a note..........he will be happy to change you to the 50# Club.

You're doin' just GREAT!!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Unca_Tim » April 22nd, 2005, 9:28 am

No note needed TW....I just caught you on this thread.

I read every post, but I musta been a little zoned or something the day you posted your big 50. That's a goal I rarely miss. Always makes my day to move someone up....:)

Fantastic job girl!!
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby raederle » April 22nd, 2005, 11:02 am

Dean0408 wrote:what are the odds that 20 people on an elevator simultaneously had the same explosive bodily function?......'cause you KNOW they ALL "smelt it"! :nutz:

:roflmao: Well, if they're all attending an annual chili cook-off...?
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 11:20 am

raederle wrote:
Dean0408 wrote:what are the odds that 20 people on an elevator simultaneously had the same explosive bodily function?......'cause you KNOW they ALL "smelt it"! :nutz:

:roflmao: Well, if they're all attending an annual chili cook-off...?

Hmmmmmm............guess ya got me there Rae. .........and then there is the annual Baked Bean Contest in Boston.

I will use the escalator from now on........or better yet the stairs...hehe

Dean
Dean0408

Previous

Return to Come on in.