one pound

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

one pound

Postby lori » April 8th, 2004, 6:37 am

i am a little upset!! i try to only weigh one a week and i am only on my 2 week. when i weighed saturday i lost 8 lbs the first week. well, i got on the scale today and i have gained a 1 lb. why!! i am doing the fast and this was really discouraging. does this usually happen. i really wanted to be down about 3 or 4 lbs when i weighed this saturday. any suggestions or coments welcome!!
Start 03/27/04
225/210/160ish
lori
Regular Member - #10 Club

Re: one pound

Postby explorthis » April 8th, 2004, 6:45 am

lori wrote:i have gained a 1 lb. why!! i am doing the fast

Lori could be 100 reasons. First DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. If you can figure out the chemistry of the body, you win the grand prize, and you can share it with all of is.

It could be you’re not weighing in exactly the same clothes, or the same “birthday suit” or even the same time as your original weigh in time. I see myself literally fluctuating 2-3 pounds from evening to the next morning. Understand you are consuming only 400-500 calories a day. I see you’re on the full fast. You body has no choice but to lose the weight. Do not be a scale dependant yet. Let this stuff do its magic, and you will succeed.

Be patient, I promise it works.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » April 8th, 2004, 6:50 am

Ditto all of Mike's comments. 'Tis true!!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby moutoncove » April 8th, 2004, 9:29 am

Lori,

Definitely the time of day you weigh makes a lot of difference - I've weighed myself in the morning and then weighed in the evening and there can be a 2- 4# gain. That time of the month makes a lot of difference too. It can be a dozen things but like Mike said if you know you've been 100% faithful to MF the weight HAS TO COME OOOOFFFFFFF. Main thing is don't get discouraged and do something that will really make you feel bad (example - go off program). Stick with it girl - it's got to come off. We're rooting for you. This stuff does work and it works well - just hang in there.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 8th, 2004, 9:58 am

Hi Lori,
I'm not even going to go through all the possible reasons why you haven't had the results you'd like. If you search the forum, you'll find dozens of examples of others that have experienced the same thing. Many of them are in the 40-50-60-70 pound clubs now. It's just par for the course.

The only suggestion i can give you is be sure to follow the plan to the letter and you cannot fail.

lori wrote: i am doing the fast

Can you elaborate on this?
If you'd like to post your typical daily routine here to be sure your plan is OK, we can all give you our comments and opinions.

You may want to quit concentrating on the day to day results. In the long run, you cannot fail, if you follow the program.

Keep shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby lori » April 8th, 2004, 11:17 am

unca- i only drink the 5 shakes and buiollon. i am not eating anything at this time i thought i would try this for a month because i have about 65lbs to lose.
Start 03/27/04
225/210/160ish
lori
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » April 9th, 2004, 5:44 pm

Hang tight Lori---

Ditto to all said and I promise ....DRINK IT AND IT WILL COME --OFF!!!!!

Check our numbers - be patient - it works!

Part of our "problem" is the quest for immediate gratification --- or we give up ... don't give up just keep doing what you are doing.

Last week I had lost 6 pounds - this week it took me the entire week to lose a half a pound and I went up and down a pound or two on a couple of those days - frustrating sure - but stay true and it will happen... as of today I am down 50 pounds and I'm telling you that half pound was the biggest b--ch of the last ten pounds I've lost. Who knows why? I just listen to what all of these smart people keep telling me and the weight keeps coming off.

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 9th, 2004, 7:47 pm

Shineface! 50 big ones! Congratulations! I can hardly wait until I hit that particular marker. Great going, girl!

Lori, I know it's frustrating when that scale doesn't show a drop everytime we jump on it, but it WILL happen. You've just got to hold onto that fact. If the numbers on the scale have a negative effect on you, please only weigh once a week. I was so upset during the second week of the fast that the scale hadn't dropped, I couldn't even go to work! I decided right then and there that I should be a once-a-week weigher only.

Your body will drop the weight. WE ALL PROMISE!!!

Grit your teeth and ride this out, Lori.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss