Nurse Nancy continues to be absent...

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Nurse Nancy continues to be absent...

Postby Nancy » October 2nd, 2005, 10:59 pm

October is proving to be a really hectic month for me and this is only the second day.

My 80 year old Momma should be released from the convalescent home this week following knee replacement surgery three weeks ago. My Daddy broke his foot and is in a walking boot/cast and using a walker or a cane is currently unable to drive so I continue to be chauffeur, laundry lady, housekeeper and personal shopper…the 10.3 mile interstate commute from their house in east Portland, OR to ours in Vancouver, WA this last Friday evening took me :x one hour and 45 minutes. ARGH!!!

In less than 2 weeks time Terry and I bought a house (and this is a totally unbelievable story and miracle in itself), we signed the papers just this past Friday morning. We must prepare our current home to sell; pack our stuff here and move to the new cottage by October 28th.

Terry’s birthday is this week, we are going to Baltimore October 21-23rd for a special meeting for the Global Directors and then we are co-hosting a regional conference to be held in Portland, Or in early November…

I am lonely for all of you and feel like I am so far behind in reading about your life adventures, your weight loss successes and challenges and there is great need for me to do some posting!

Please forgive my absence the last two weeks – it looks like my presence will continue to be limited for a while until my life gets normalized – whatever normal is!

Thank you for taking good care of one another. If any of you have a pressing matter, please my Darlin’s won’t you kindly send a PM to me and I will attempt to do daily triage of my email inbox and will care for you as best I can.

Terry and I are tentatively planning a trip to Oakland/SF area in November and hope to visit with some of our MakeMeThinner Family. Let us know if you’d like to meet in the thin! It gives me great pleasure to meet with you when we are on the road!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TamiL » October 3rd, 2005, 10:36 pm

Nancy
your an angel in disguise!! you do so much for your family..and all of us here..you and Terry....

Ill never forget my very first phone call to order medifast..it was in the evening..and Terry answered the phone..he was clearly in the middle of what sounded like a dinner meeting of some sort...but was so patient and kind with me...explained things to me...just a HUGE help!! you both deserve GOOD THINGS to go your way....

congrats on the new cottage!! and Ill keep your parents in my prayers...

You and Terry do more than you realize....your entitled to a breather...and to take care of YOU and focus on what you need to be doing...Unca has always taken care when you guys are busy!! and the rest of us....just coming back on this forum for only a few days..I can see already that everyone is taking care of everyone just fine!! so rest easy beautiful one....
you take care of the important stuff FIRST...family.....:)
;) I only have ONE REQUEST....if you have the time....I want to see another picture of you laying on some Hay in a pumpkin patch this year!! :) that is my absolute favorite picture of you!! :)
this is my favorite time of year.....

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 4th, 2005, 7:24 am

Dear Vicky ~

:oops: Thank you for the encouraging comments!

You blessed my socks off! :sheepjump:

:glasses: My, my, you kids certainly do have inquiring minds…

Re:
Is Unca going with you and Terry, or is he going to have to camp out in that new Lotus of his?

:hmmm: Of course Terry and Unca are going with moi! The beautiful red :drive: Lotus Elise is going, too – Lowty will live in the garage next to :veedub: Buzz, my black Vee Dub Bug. Sadly Aggie the BV (Beater Van) will live on the driveway.

:hug: Yep, yep, yep Unca always takes great care of everything for us.

We are moving about a mile and a half from where we are currently living. My parental units live in Portland, Oregon just 10.3 miles across the Columbia River from our city of Vancouver, Washington. (Vancouver is practically a suburb of Portland!) The reason for the move is because we have a home-based business and three of us cannot fit in Terry’s office. We are moving because we can!

Our current cottage here is teensy and currently my office consists of my :puter: laptop atop my lap in our bedroom, Unca’s office is his :puterboos: laptop on the file cabinet in his bedroom and Terry has most of the office space as his own except for my desktop computer. Our new home also has two bedrooms and an office but has about a thousand square feet more space than our current home and a master closet :bananadance: to die for – I can literally set up an office in the closet! :mrgreen:

The only :cry: sad thing about our move is that we will no longer have adjoining property with our kids. Our only child Becky, her husband Christopher and their 4 month old son Nicholas will have :treadjog: to walk, :biker: ride bikes or :burnout: drive over to visit Grammy, Papa and Great Unca Tim now.

TamiL ~

Re:
I want to see another picture of you laying on some Hay in a pumpkin patch this year!! that is my absolute favorite picture of you!!

:oops: I love that picture of me, too! It was taken on Terry’s birthday 2003 – it was a beautiful warm fall day (October 6th) and we had a blast at the Punkin’ Patch. We intend to go again this year, weather permitting. The pumpkin patches in our area open this weekend but the weather has been :twisted: skanky – it is :x NOT fun tromping through the rain and wind to climb aboard a pile of hay and then lie around on a wet hay bale trying to look fetching – blechy!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » October 4th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Oh my goodness you have a LOT going on right now!!! :shock: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and I have to admit I giggled when Vicky suggested that next time your parents are only allowed to be injured ONE at a TIME, not both together!

I hope both parents are healing nicely, packing goes well, and your new place suits you all just fine and dandy.

Thanks for the update! We'll all be thinking of you and your full plate this month!:thumbsup:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » October 4th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Thank you all!

My Momma's home! Now she and Daddy are having cane races!

She was waiting with her suitcase packed when I went to her room at the home...Daddy is so happy to have her beside him again. Now I have just one stop to make when I go to town!

Little by little is how we get things done, eh? Shake by shake...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ladyhawke » October 4th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Thank God your Mom is home where she belongs!
New cottage? You have to fill us in when the fur stops flying!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts