NSV for me!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NSV for me!

Postby 2BHealthy » June 21st, 2006, 6:28 am

Hi everyone,

My husband and I went to Ocean City for the day on Saturday. It was very spur of the moment. 3 hours there and 3 hours back. Anyway, we did LOTS of walking. We walked to 22nd St and then back, wandering through shops too. One good thing I noticed is that in September of last year I couldn't even make it all the way to the inlet one way without taking the little shuttle. I was a teensy bit sore at the end of the day but not bad at all. It was a good sore! I've been walking almost every night around the neighborhood and I'm sure that has helped with my endurance. I leave for disney in a couple weeks and wanted to prepare myself for all that walking! Anyway, the other big thing is I was able to resist my absolute favorite things!! But barely ;) I don't think that the man eating the ice cream cone on the bench appreciated me straining my neck to watch him!! lol. I told my husband I was going to ask him for a lick! :roll: of course I was KIDDING. But the biggest temptation for me is Thrashers fries...those yummy boardwalk fries with the vinegar. It was very very difficult to walk away from those. Part of what helped was knowing we were coming back in September. I told myself I could have some then. When September comes I guess we'll see. We stopped at a crab house and had steamed crabs (no butter) and steamed spiced shrimp and a salad. Totally compliant :D The next day when I weighed in I was down 2lbs for the week. That's great for me because I had been stuck for a couple weeks. Anyway...that's my long story. Hope I didn't cause any cravings! I'm hoping to need a whole new bathing suit for the trip in September! woo hoo! Have a great week everybody!
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Aerie » June 21st, 2006, 7:59 am

I'm always so inspired by these stories of you guys getting out there and enjoying yourselves AND staying on plan. Good for you!!!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jan » June 21st, 2006, 9:56 am

Whooo Hooo,
You are doing soooo great!!! I know you'll have a great time at Disney!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

WOOHOOO

Postby Ginabobina1969 » June 21st, 2006, 12:22 pm

WAY TO GO LINDA!!! Your doing so great! Awesome NSV. I would love to see the boardwalk someday...hmmm Might have to add that to my list of places I wanna go see now that I feel like a real person again..lol

Keep Shaking!!
HUgs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby AlexLHH » June 21st, 2006, 4:15 pm

Wow... it's really hard to deny yourself treats you're used to having at a specific place (like for me, minidonuts at the state fair :) ) congratulations! and congrats on getting over your plateau!
AlexLHH

Postby Arklahoma » June 22nd, 2006, 9:07 am

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing & congrats on your accomplishments.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 5:58 pm

Great job resisting! And thanks for showing us all that you CAN have a great time without eating something unhealthy.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

NSV

Postby dede4wd » June 22nd, 2006, 7:17 pm

That's just so great!

You resisted the fries (VERY hard to do!), you didn't accost that poor man for his ice cream cone (can get you arrested!), you walked all over the place without falling over (yay!).

What a great trip! I'm SO happy for you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room