Nothing happens instantly--results are cumulative!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Nothing happens instantly--results are cumulative!!

Postby MerryMary » April 23rd, 2007, 11:53 am

Hi everyone!
Lauren posted this today in Biki's journal and with her permission I'm posting it here because it's good information for all of us:

Lauren wrote:I also wanted to mention something, not specific to just you, but something that several of the folks here discuss randomly. Our weight loss and gains do not generally show immediately after food choices we make, except in the instance of sodium (by way of water retention). So, choosing to do 6-0 on a Wednesday does not generally mean that Thursday will post a greater loss. Or if a person is non-compliant on Monday, the calories don't automatically turn into pounds by Tuesday. Our bodies are miraculous, but not everything happens instantaneously. This is why when people go off-plan, they often look at the scale the next day, don't show a gain (unless they ate lots of salt), and assume it didn't do much damage. In truth, the pounds may not show for 3-4-5 days, or more. We all know that pounds come on or off based on energy in vs energy out, but it's not in real time. So, if you burn 400 calories today on a walk, that doesn't mean that you'll lose 400 calories (or that percentage of a pound) in tomorrow's weigh in. It's all cumulative.

Whew. Sorry, that was longer than intended! :-) I just noticed that you made the comment about taking in extra fat (which I do agree with, besides helpful to hair and skin, it can also help things, uh, "move" better, digestively), and then wanting to see its result on the scale the next day. It won't generally work that way. Lauren
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 23rd, 2007, 12:28 pm

Another exception is the elimination of simple carbs after a diet in which you eat them. Hence the reason people lose so quickly on Atkins and the reason I lost 6 pounds the first day on the Weight Watchers Core Program.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby worldawind » April 24th, 2007, 11:06 am

I learned some of that while I was attempting weight watchers. they also said if you go off program and show a weight gain there is a good chance if you take it off before 2 days, it isn't really a weight gain.
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss