Norma

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby norma » March 6th, 2007, 5:03 am

Hello everyone,

Like Lollipop I also tried to sign in on my user name but it didn't work, don't know why.

I'm Norma and I just completed my second week and I'm down 6. Yes I know I should be happy and I am but I really thought it would be more especially after reading how everyone else did in the beginning. I'm following program exactly, no add-ons and no deletions. I'm even drinking the water and doing exercise.

I'm not giving up. I decided right from the start that I have five weeks of food and will see it through. I only set a 10 pound goal weight loss in this period of time because I know that this body just doesn't seem to want to give it up, it might take me longer. I want to lose 40 pounds.

Has anyone else lost slowly in the beginning? Does it eventually pick up?

Looking forward to getting to know you and the support you offer.
norma

Postby TonyR » March 6th, 2007, 6:43 am

norma wrote: and doing exercise.

Welcome Norma...You really shouldn't be exercising the first 3 weeks of the program so that your body can get used to the lowered caloric intake that you are consuming. The quick start guide(the medifast bible per se :D) states that if you were already exercising to cut that back in half and if you were not exercising before then do not start for the first 3 weeks. That may be why it is a slow go right now because the water you are taking in right now is replinishing your muscle. Good luck and keep up the good work! Don't be discouraged! Weight loss can be totally emotional and it doesn't have to be! :)
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby getting2goal » March 6th, 2007, 7:48 am

Welcome Norma and Lolli it is great to have you here with us.

Lisa
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 6th, 2007, 8:35 am

Hi Norma and welcome,
:wave:

I don't see a "Norma" user registered yet.

Click the "Register" link at the bottom of every page and follow the prompts.

Let me know how you make out.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 6th, 2007, 9:20 am

Norma wrote:
Has anyone else lost slowly in the beginning? Does it eventually pick up?

Hi Norma...WELCOME!...wonderful forum here:+)

Yes..like you i am losing slowly too. I started Feb.21 and at Sunday's March 4th Roll Call, i was only down 5.6 pounds..this was approximately 11-12 days of being on program. Hopefully, at this Sunday's Roll Call i'll be down a little further. No-one loses at the same rate, and Norma YOU are to be "commended" for what you have loss so far! :-P

Keep on shakin!!!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby norma » March 6th, 2007, 9:57 am

Actually I thought I used the name worldawind but when I tried it with the password, it didn't work so I just put in my name and I was able to respond.

I thought the exercise thing was just for the first week but I thank you all for your encouragement and tips.

It really helps to know that there are others who has a slower weight loss. I am not quitting, heaven knows I've done that before and what do I have to show for it, more weight. I am committed and I really don't find it hard to follow especially since the headaches have stopped.

I was thinking that maybe I should try the lean and green meal at lunch, possibly allowing my body to burn it quicker. What do you think?
norma

Postby Mike » March 6th, 2007, 10:17 am

I sent you an e-mail with temp password on the worldawind account. It is active now
Last edited by Mike on March 6th, 2007, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby j0j0ruca » March 6th, 2007, 10:19 am

Hi Norma!
I just began MF On Feb 5th. My first month I only lost 13-14 lbs. My first week I lost 5lbs. Now I'm averaging about 2-3 lbs a week. Don't be discouraged!

~j
Start date: 2-05-07

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby norma » March 6th, 2007, 11:18 am

I'm not discouraged and I love hearing good things like that.

Mike thank you again for your help.
norma

Postby Amber » March 6th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Hey Norma,
First things first, you've lost 6#, that's great! You are to be commended!
It seems that those with less to lose do not lose as quickly as those who have more pounds to shed. You may also lose less per week than a person who has more to lose. Generally, it seems, weight loss slows as one approaches goal. I cannot explain this but have witnessed it repetitively.
Be sure that you are following the plan to the letter. Be sure that you are consuming adequate water. My body lost weight much better when I consumed 100 oz daily than when I tried to do it with 64oz. Give it a bit of time, you will learn what works best for you. That being said, every body is different; what adjustments work best for one may not have the same effect on the next.
Be patient and strive to be happy with every little loss knowing the next loss WILL occur in it's time.
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby furball7 » March 6th, 2007, 3:20 pm

Hi And Welcome :D Great job on the 6#. This is the right place to be for support and advice.

Sherry
furball7
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » March 6th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Welcome and congrats on the loss!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby lauradr » March 7th, 2007, 4:51 pm

Welcome ! :D
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby norma » March 8th, 2007, 5:32 am

Just wanted to say I am really feeling good. I do have more energy and I love the support everyone gives you :D

I will be going back to the gym starting Sat., almost three weeks will have elapsed since I started the program and I'm hoping that will help too.
norma

Postby Lizabette » March 8th, 2007, 7:44 am

WELCOME NORMA!
You are doing fine. I was a slow-poke loser, but I just kept plugging along, and I made it!
And so will you! WTG!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.